canon S1 and FZ 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
socrates said:
I wonder how much the Canon S2 wil go for ...can it match the Fz5 price?

The S2 IS will be launched sometime next week and estimated pricing should be in the sub-$1000 - $1000+ range.

This is from an email from Canon Singapore to me on the Canon S2 IS.

wah...this baby looks good leh..
but same 1/2.5" sensor means the same noise issue as the FZ5.

Advantage over the FZ5? VGA movie mode and using the same Digic2 engine as their high end DSLR series.
The use of 4 AA batteries can either be a plus or minus.
Minus cause it will not last as long as Lithium and 4 batteries will make the camera really really bulky. The flip lcd panel is really unnecessary and adds more areas that can fail. Price wise really a turn off if above $1K since the FZ5 only cost aropund $660. I think I will wait for the S2 to be launched before deciding. I don't think panasonic will have anything attractive at the pc show to entice me to buy now...

Never underestimate the power of a "flip lcd panel", I long for it after I change from Canon G1 to Panasonic FZ5. It give you varieties of anle shot, and you don't need to crawl on the floor to shoot.

$660 is price after discount, suspected S2 $1K is not discounted yet, can't compare like that.

Everybody preference varies. I am old and fat guy, hence the swivel/flip LCD do helps for low angle shots! :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Was actual narrowing down to FZ5 or FZ20 already until S2 IS pop up! Looks like I am going to have a hardtime deciding again! :dunno:

OT a bit, for taking night shots (especially fireworks), how to trigger the shutter (for those camera that doesn't come with remote or cable release, like the FZ5 or S2) beside setting the timer?

Fuji Olykon said:
Everybody preference varies. I am old and fat guy, hence the swivel/flip LCD do helps for low angle shots! :bsmilie: :thumbsup:

Was actual narrowing down to FZ5 or FZ20 already until S2 IS pop up! Looks like I am going to have a hardtime deciding again! :dunno:

OT a bit, for taking night shots (especially fireworks), how to trigger the shutter (for those camera that doesn't come with remote or cable release, like the FZ5 or S2) beside setting the timer?

i'm a young and tall guy but low angle shots still a problem.

without remote/cable release...use finger to press lor. i had tried and many had tried, no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.