Canon Photo Marathon Asia

Status
Not open for further replies.
can i ask something.. maybe i don't understand the concept of judging but...

one would expect the overall winner of the entire competition WOULD be one of the theme winners right?

I mean if "best of show" ain't belonging to one of the winners of the theme, doesn't that contradict the judges' decision?

I was wondering this when i participated in the past 2 marathons and am very amused when they announce the top 3 of each theme, then proceed to put top 20 (or is it top 10, cant rem) that are in the running for Grand prize when logically speaking, only the winner of each theme should win the grand prize. If the grand prize is based on voting, then yea that is correct. However if the grand prize is based on technicality etc etc etc, then shouldn't one of the theme winners win the grand prize too?

am i opening a can of worms? :p

can i ask something.. maybe i don't understand the concept of judging but...

one would expect the overall winner of the entire competition WOULD be one of the theme winners right?

I mean if "best of show" ain't belonging to one of the winners of the theme, doesn't that contradict the judges' decision?

I was wondering this when i participated in the past 2 marathons and am very amused when they announce the top 3 of each theme, then proceed to put top 20 (or is it top 10, cant rem) that are in the running for Grand prize when logically speaking, only the winner of each theme should win the grand prize. If the grand prize is based on voting, then yea that is correct. However if the grand prize is based on technicality etc etc etc, then shouldn't one of the theme winners win the grand prize too?

am i opening a can of worms? :p

yes i won one of the theme "challange" as well. =)

oh which one was yrs ?

Stratix's shot is the condom shot issit?
oh its the kid pushing the trolley whoops

oh wait... silly question... ah i tink i know why... cos today digital life showed the pic u had of the condom one... then the impression it gave me was tat, that was the best of the show, thus when i was looking @ the winner for playtime i did not see it thus got me confused :)

my bad :)

Snice when our winner become a canadian?:think:

I thought they are 2 guys with the same surname Goh?:confused:

Maybe the kid who won the junior division couldn't attend and the next guy got the chance... I remembered the host specifying that aspect about if the winner can't attend, the runner up will be contacted.

Status
Not open for further replies.