Canon NP-E3 NiMH battery

Status
Not open for further replies.

esterp

Jul 17, 2003
Visit site
Anyone knows how much does the Canon NP-E3 battery cost?

What about any compatible 3rd party one?

Thanks

The original costs about $270. I have heard bad things about the first 3rd party ones...

own a 3rd party brand NPE3 batt and learn my lesson!!! Stick to Canon for the NPe3 and you won't go wrong with it. It is expensive but really worth it.

I haven't used a 3rd party one but... They are said to have poor contacts, loose fit with a poor switch, and are not weather proof (read :the whole camera is no longer weather proof).

The latest batch is very good, it has a weather sealed.

i manage to use it and it last very very loooong. better if you can collect few of the member who wants to buy, so you can get the cheaper price.

if you want to join me, i might be want to order some more in short time.
i can show you mine if you want as well before you buy.

true... the 2200mAH MDD battery does last a long time, and with a proper original Canon locking latch, it's as good as original but longer battery life... ^^

PM me if you need to src for the locking latch (note not as cheap as you think it's)

my 3rd party one didnt hold charge as good as my modded 2300mah version

But the battery life is as good only if i charge it the night before i use

Wai said:
my 3rd party one didnt hold charge as good as my modded 2300mah version

But the battery life is as good only if i charge it the night before i use

mine works very well... got abt close to 1K pix on EF 400mm/2,8 and 1D a week ago with it. (yes, minot chimping as well)

get the caps from tim and u're more or less set. Its the end caps that make the pack weather proof anyway. I'm using 4 of them now and they have more or less completely replaced my original np-e3. There's no incentive to bring a np-e3 out when the 3rd party ones last so much longer.

szekiat said:
get the caps from tim and u're more or less set. Its the end caps that make the pack weather proof anyway. I'm using 4 of them now and they have more or less completely replaced my original np-e3. There's no incentive to bring a np-e3 out when the 3rd party ones last so much longer.

So the batteries are ok except the caps? Where to get the caps and how much are they? I presume with the caps, the batteries still work out to be cheaper than the original?

By the way, where to get the batteries? I'm thinking of ordering them from MyDigitalDiscount store : http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/s.nl/category.99/it.A/id.449/.f

Are they available locally?

esterp said:
So the batteries are ok except the caps? Where to get the caps and how much are they? I presume with the caps, the batteries still work out to be cheaper than the original?

By the way, where to get the batteries? I'm thinking of ordering them from MyDigitalDiscount store : http://www.mydigitaldiscount.com/s.nl/category.99/it.A/id.449/.f

Are they available locally?
any news regarding this 3rd party batt?

I don't remember seeing it on their website. Are they actually selling some kind of 3rd party ones?

esterp said:
I don't remember seeing it on their website. Are they actually selling some kind of 3rd party ones?
not showing on their website.
but i went their shop see poster got mkii but didnt ask

'just went backfrom holiday for 4days, fully charge night b4 g
o, take about 700 pict and now im back the batt. still full, i never turn off the cam, always standby

the new batt. got weather sealed, its in very good con ditions when arrive here, if can get 4 ppl to join, i dont mind to order.

andi1704 said:
'just went backfrom holiday for 4days, fully charge night b4 g
o, take about 700 pict and now im back the batt. still full, i never turn off the cam, always standby

the new batt. got weather sealed, its in very good con ditions when arrive here, if can get 4 ppl to join, i dont mind to order.
me interested in getting one :)

Good news!

EastGear NP-E3 (Using Sanyo Japanese cells) will be available for sale from 16th December 2004. Price is about $99. Comes with 6 months "1 for 1" exchange warranty.

EastGear said:
Good news!

EastGear NP-E3 (Using Sanyo Japanese cells) will be available for sale from 16th December 2004. Price is about $99. Comes with 6 months "1 for 1" exchange warranty.
may I know the capacity?

Status
Not open for further replies.