Canon Limited Edition "5 MILLION DOLLAR HOME " Crumpler BaG

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit small, but I thought normal 5 MDH is also about $110?

When i bought mine over a year ago, was $110 and since sold it. Now i'm not sure if the new version retains the same price or less cos the 7 mil one has a price reduction from $174 to $166.

The problem with this and similar bags is that it has "Steal me - I contain really expensive photographic gear" all written over it. While this might be such a big problem in Singapore (actually theft is not that uncommon here either) it will be in most cities overseas. And behing red - it makes a really hard target to miss for those hit-and-run robbers that operate on motorbikes.

A normal Crumpler bag is much preferred as it's not so obvious what it contains and their normal bags look pretty much like their photo-range.

The problem with this and similar bags is that it has "Steal me - I contain really expensive photographic gear" all written over it. While this might be such a big problem in Singapore (actually theft is not that uncommon here either) it will be in most cities overseas. And behing red - it makes a really hard target to miss for those hit-and-run robbers that operate on motorbikes.

A normal Crumpler bag is much preferred as it's not so obvious what it contains and their normal bags look pretty much like their photo-range.

true...it's some point worth considering....but if u go oversea..i think no matter what colour u use..as long as u carry a bigger bag with you...it doesnt make a big difference...you definately will bring a camera bag with you right? and as long as u are using dslr...the bag will be big..

Yes it will still be big - but it will be less obvious what it contains. So the next time I'm in Rome I'll just find one of those guys carrying a big red Canon branded Crumpler bag and just stay reasonable close to him and my own gear, carried in a less obvious but although big bag, will be safe :)

But yes of course, you bag might be stolen regardless of what it looks like. But it is much much more likely that you'll be targeted if you carry a big red bag that has it's content written all over it...

Yes it will still be big - but it will be less obvious what it contains. So the next time I'm in Rome I'll just find one of those guys carrying a big red Canon branded Crumpler bag and just stay reasonable close to him and my own gear, carried in a less obvious but although big bag, will be safe :)

But yes of course, you bag might be stolen regardless of what it looks like. But it is much much more likely that you'll be targeted if you carry a big red bag that has it's content written all over it...

well...make sense ;p
now u make me kind of regret getting a red 6 mil home..haha...

the original crumpler looks better imo..

time to head down to my local Crumpler shop to see if they do camera bag customisations.

mmm.

I rather get the original Crumpler bag too, too striking with Canon + EOS printed over it. :sweat: But I must say this design of MDH is so much nicer than my older version. Argh!

the "EOS" is a huge sore eye

would be great if we could have pics of the interior of the bag and lens cameras all inside. would love a black bag too. red too striking.

my friend bought this

looks like free advert bag...

wouldnt wanna use it

I had a look at it yesterday on site.
For $110, it's a steal, compared with buying from outside. Some more has got a Canon strap.
Buit alas, it was not a bag for cammy with battery grips...
... almost bought it still, despite that, but then again the screaming colour wasn't my style lah...

For those who don't mind - it's definitely a steal.

The 5 MDH is only for casual outings with a body and lens. Any more than that u might want to settle for 7 MDH and above.

The 5 MDH is only for casual outings with a body and lens. Any more than that u might want to settle for 7 MDH and above.

Yup, maybe suitable for outing in Singapore. When travel, cannot use since small.

I almost bght the 5 MDH, only to find out at the boutique its way too small for cam and grip + the many other accessories. Ended up with a 7 MDH.....Oh, btw, just for everyone's benefit, the Crumpler Singapore website prices are $10 more than the ones sold in the boutique. :)

Anyway, i think crumpler is the trend to go for cameras. :)

Last edited:
I almost bght the 5 MDH, only to find out at the boutique its way too small for cam and grip + the many other accessories. Ended up with a 7 MDH.....Oh, btw, just for everyone's benefit, the Crumpler Singapore website prices are $10 more than the ones sold in the boutique. :)

Anyway, i think crumpler is the trend to go for cameras. :)

Some are more than that and i already knew that long ago.

Bought this bag today...can put the 5D + BG + 24-105...not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.