Canon G2 focus stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camm

Sep 4, 2002
Visit site
Hi all

I've just bought a new G2 canon. and just tested it out today. I realised that when occassionally when I switch between the modes, the focus lens tends to adjust a bit, but sometimes it seems to be stuck. Eg, when I switch the mode to Off, the lens doesn't move at all. Seems that it's stuck. Does anyone of you have the same problem as me?

This is one of the photo that I've taken using auto. Seems the sky looks kinda weird when enlarged. Does anyone knows what's the reason and how can I correct it?

Thanks
fd4f8e9b.jpg.orig.jpg

Hmmm, sounds familiar....here's wat i can remember from using my G2-> When u finish taking pix and switch from cam to replay quickly (without stopping at OFF first), the lens does not retract. This feature is explained in the manual, i think... Wat other modes affect this retraction of the lens? Hope i'm not wrong with my lousy memory, and that this helps? :p

Err have you got Continuous AF on? Try to set it to off. Hope it helps. :)

I am a regular CanonG2 user.
As for your concerns I have the following to say:
1. The focus is stuck if you shift from Camera to Reply mode very fast. This is a feature provided by the camera so that if you need to quickly preview your image and switch back to camera mode, it can save your camera lens settings and need not set/reset upon every switch. If you are apprehensive about it, try switching between the Camera and Replay mode slowly. This will contract the lenses 100%. If it does not happen so, you have a problem.
2. What concerns me most is, you say that when switched to OFF, still your focus is still stuck. This should not happen. The lenses contract and the camera focus settings are initialized to switch off the cam.
3. I have never encountered the focus to be stuck between modes, it is reset and the lenses are readjusted by the camera to incorporate the new focal settings.

I hope it answers your questions. In case of any problem you may visit Funan Centre, there is a Canon Customer Centre at 3rd level. There you can also compare the performance of your cam with any new cam of the same model.
Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.