CANON G10 techniques...anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm I've tried using ISO400 1/640 f5.6 for tennis match before, and it did pretty well with my G9. One bad thing about G9 is that there is a shutter lag, so what I did is to focus lock and then wait for the timing and click. Good luck ;) It will definately be better with my D90 :) hehe

Mount on a tripod may help?
For night photography I always rely on tripod, my hand cannot make it...

Hmm I've tried using ISO400 1/640 f5.6 for tennis match before, and it did pretty well with my G9. One bad thing about G9 is that there is a shutter lag, so what I did is to focus lock and then wait for the timing and click. Good luck ;) It will definately be better with my D90 :) hehe

hehehe but your shots were in the day... TS asking about night.

Mount on a tripod may help?
For night photography I always rely on tripod, my hand cannot make it...

Kinda tough to pan and shoot on a tripod, unless maybe it's a DSLR with long lens mounted on a Gimbal head.

Thanks guys :)

Well been doing alot of experimenting...so far I'm still a sucky photog but got some the settings working...
Here're some of my experimented TIPSSSS :)
1. To do upto 10 shots per click(without pressing the shoot button a long time) go to MENU>DRIVE SETTINGS>then select the timer and pick out "c" the last option. It'll open up the options for DELAY and SHOTS(which you can then select upto 10).

1.A This however...is still very slow and practically no use....

2. So far the cleanest shots I get to freezing moving objects is using the AV mode with iso at 200 and f2 soemthing...just dial it as far left as possible... but it's only good at daytime...

er...that's it so far... oh yeah,

3. When stitching photos, use Photoshop. Go to FILE>AUTOMATE>STITCH it does an automated stitch that is far far better than Canon DPP..then you can edit the photos easier...

Ok, here's another question. Is Opteka a good brand for lens? I saw it in amazon but I don't know if it's any good,... Was thinking of getting lens any one for any random informative advise? I'm shooting for the stars coz I'm still feeling my way around the cam hehe

Glad you found a way to take the pictures you wanted to. The next thing is probably practice and improve :) Cheerz

Status
Not open for further replies.