Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes absolutely. It might be better if body has NR, nevertheless, getting noise is better than nothing captured, at least you can do away some noise later. My experience with 450 1600, 5/10 shots passed noise acceptance level, not bad i suppose.

Now you know why people pay 2.8 over 4 stop? I used to have this lens...

:( not to mention my friend was using his 70-200 f/2.8 happily while i sit around and sulk. we were at the 2nd level and he was sniping away while i can't reach! managed to bug him to go downstairs (nearer stage) after a while, but still, moments were missed.

hai. NOW i truely understand use of f/2.8.. need to reconsider my BBB plan again. :embrass:

:( not to mention my friend was using his 70-200 f/2.8 happily while i sit around and sulk. we were at the 2nd level and he was sniping away while i can't reach! managed to bug him to go downstairs (nearer stage) after a while, but still, moments were missed.

hai. NOW i truely understand use of f/2.8.. need to reconsider my BBB plan again. :embrass:

Dont jump yet. Consider other alternatives, such as renting/bbb a better body. Say if you have extra stop of light, your 24105 has good reach on crop generally, dont you agree. I cant comment your friend who is on tele, as his body might have the extra stop advantage.

No embarass, we all learn along the way.

Dont jump yet. Consider other alternatives, such as renting/bbb a better body. Say if you have extra stop of light, your 24105 has good reach on crop generally, dont you agree. I cant comment your friend who is on tele, as his body might have the extra stop advantage.

No embarass, we all learn along the way.

Thanks for the advise.. i started off renting all my lenses (okok rather the 24-105, 70-200) when i was shooting events initially. I have to agree with you, i love the reach for my 24-105! if i'm in the heat of action/event, i usually can get head shots at a relatively reasonable range without having to move too back for a wide shot too. actually this was what made me get e 24-105.

When accompanied with flash, i would say its more sufficient in most situations. The "power" of 430EXII vs 580EX also another factor to consider but i guess would pass this for now..

Was thinking, instead of "abandoning" my lenses, and getting a better body, hmm, how much 'improvement' would results be? I mean if in similar situations, still at f/4, say ISO 3200, how fast shutter can i get? would it roughly be enough to freeze motion?

hai. much to learn.

Last edited:
The only thing which I think will help is the 5D MkII. I suppose even 40D would have been better able to handle the low-light conditions.
I was using my 30/1.4, but had to reduce aperture to f/6 to f/8 so that I don't get ppl OOF.
580EX II is also not all that much more powerful than my 430EX II. The temple where my cousin had her wedding was just too big for flash to work effectively.

:bsmilie: For ISO, I would opt for bodies with DIGIC IV sensor. As for the flash, :bsmilie: it was meant as a temptation to get xhui's BBB engine started. :bsmilie:

Thanks for the advise.. i started off renting all my lenses (okok rather the 24-105, 70-200) when i was shooting events initially. I have to agree with you, i love the reach for my 24-105! if i'm in the heat of action/event, i usually can get head shots at a relatively reasonable range without having to move too back for a wide shot too. actually this was what made me get e 24-105.

When accompanied with flash, i would say its more sufficient in most situations. The "power" of 430EXII vs 580EX also another factor to consider but i guess would pass this for now..

Was thinking, instead of "abandoning" my lenses, and getting a better body, hmm, how much 'improvement' would results be? I mean if in similar situations, still at f/4, say ISO 3200, how fast shutter can i get? would it roughly be enough to freeze motion?

hai. much to learn.
:bsmilie: Like what I've told you before, nobody can tell you how fast the shutter speed can be other than the metering system. As for freeze motion, it is dependent on how fast your target moves at. ;)

hai. much to learn.
xhui, it is 24-105 or 28-105? I am looking for 28-105 actually too

:bsmilie: Like what I've told you before, nobody can tell you how fast the shutter speed can be other than the metering system. As for freeze motion, it is dependent on how fast your target moves at. ;)
the master has spoken! :)

hai. at end of day.. like can't do much except buy more, spend more..

no worries Joshua, i get the numbers mixed up sometimes too :p
But the mixed up suddenly ending me into the same 24-105 gang. But not so soon lar, the poison just enter my body, but yet to be activated.

the master has spoken! :)

:bsmilie: Jedi, anyone? :bsmilie: I'm not a fan of Starwars though. :bsmilie:

But the mixed up suddenly ending me into the same 24-105 gang. But not so soon lar, the poison just enter my body, but yet to be activated.

:bsmilie: xhui can hasten the poison effect for you. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.