Canon EOS 450D Club -TCSS Lim Kopi Session: Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bsmilie: You'll only die when you face your girlfriend's wrath.
She no longer complaining of the issue electricity consumption :D

Btw, my cabinet the lowest is still 68%RH, it do really take so long to adapt my room to become around 50%RH?

Last edited:
50L saves upgrading trouble?:D $188

With all that available space, there'll be a yearning for more lenses just to fill it up...

:bsmilie: You'll have every reason to fill up the cabinet! "I need to buy more lenses to fill up my dry cabinet. Otherwise I'm not doing justice to it." :devil:

Btw, my cabinet the lowest is still 68%RH, it do really take so long to adapt my room to become around 50%RH?

Try to adjust it accordingly. It might take some time.

Some people make use of the silica gel to speed up the process. :)

Mine was usually hovered around the 30-45% range. Then i reset the adjustments and it moved to the 40% range. And recently, when i took all the stuff out during painting and shifted else where, the cabinet managed to increase to 47% RH, due to temperature differenence. Now it's at 50%

By the way, which RH% level do most of the members set at? Is 50% good enough, or i should go lower?

GMAN

Mine was usually hovered around the 30-45% range. Then i reset the adjustments and it moved to the 40% range. And recently, when i took all the stuff out during painting and shifted else where, the cabinet managed to increase to 47% RH, due to temperature differenence. Now it's at 50%

By the way, which RH% level do most of the members set at? Is 50% good enough, or i should go lower?

GMAN
mine's hovering round 45-50%

Try to adjust it accordingly. It might take some time.

Some people make use of the silica gel to speed up the process. :)
Will leave it overnight and let see tomorrow. :)

The weather is really weird with the humidity levels changing to pretty low level. Mine's originally was hovering around 47% to 45% but suddenly dropped to 44% to 40% last few days.

I have to air the cabinet a little and re-adjust the de-humidifier to get it back to 48% to 52% R.H.

get the biggest one lor.... :devil: :devil:

seriously speaking, get any one of 50-80L so tht no need to upgrade again in future when your lens collection grows.

AD500L ftw! :devil:

But franking speaking, unless the lenses are very bulky in size, regular size dry cabinet of capacity 30L to 80L should be more than enough for typical users.

I still managed to squeeze my items into the 30L cabinet. :devil:

get the biggest one lor.... :devil: :devil:

seriously speaking, get any one of 50-80L so tht no need to upgrade again in future when your lens collection grows.
I already have 50L. 5 lenses, 1 DSLR body + Grip. 2 SLR bodies. Digital PNS camera. Batteries. Remotes. Chargers. Other stuff. All filled up. My next purchase might not have any space left.

Planning to get another 50L one, or sell away, the 50L and get an 80L. Haha.

GMAN

Will leave it overnight and let see tomorrow. :)

Nothing beats having a bottle of silica gel for the job! Perhaps thirsty hippo could do the same thing as well. :bsmilie:

The weather is really weird with the humidity levels changing to pretty low level. Mine's originally was hovering around 47% to 45% but suddenly dropped to 44% to 40% last few days.

I have to air the cabinet a little and re-adjust the de-humidifier to get it back to 48% to 52% R.H.

:bsmilie: Mine's ranging at RH 58% to RH 60% for the past few days. Still, I left it alone since its only a matter of time before it gets back to its usual level. :)

The tee collection date confirm le marh? :D

True true :).

:bsmilie: Or rather, it would be pointless to constantly adjust the knob due to a sudden rise in RH level which could be temporary.

Status
Not open for further replies.