Canon buy back program

Status
Not open for further replies.
maybe should just insert at 1st post so that when someone ask can just say "refer to the first post"

oh i must apologise !
i have had no idea that post was IT!

sorry sorry to all the people in the thread

what happen to your 7D ? is it bcos of the poor focusing in the first batch ?

for those who are waiting for their S90..good news!
Canon just called me 2 mins ago to tell me the stock is here and awaiting collection...
whee....

Canon just called me 2 mins ago to tell me the stock is here and awaiting collection...
whee....

Hi, Could I ask how much did you need to pay for the S90? If you don't feel comfortable to share this info please PM me...

Thanks...

Last edited:
its 595 for the s90

Thanks.... gtl1987

whee....

hmm, they called me just this morning, but they tell me they have ordered for the s90 and still waiting for the stock to come in. I guess there must be plenty of ppl on the waiting list. who knows they might turn around and surprise me with a call saying it's in on friday so i can play with it over the weekends.

Hi everyone, i have some question regarding canon warranty issue from their buy back program. Hope guys here can help to answer.

1) I have order a 500D kit2 on 07/12/2009 (Mon), collected on 14/12/2009(Mon), but saw the invoice date is 08/12/2009, only realized it when i reach home, is it normal, is it they process the delivery order the next day, hence is 1 day later?

2) what should i key in the purchase date during online registration, 1 have 3 dates to choose from 07/12/2009(order date), 08/12/2009(invoice date) or 14/12/2009(collection date)

3) saw there are 2 warranty card, one for500D and one for 18-200mm lens kit, so do i have to register the warranty separately for body and lens?

4) when i collect the set from Canon service centre, they just show me the contents in the box, everything in plastice bag. The 500D body and lens is also in plastice bag with bubble wrap, but they did not open the body and lens for me to check for scratches and test the set, are they suppose to let customer check and test the set? but ofcourse i insisted to check and test the set on that day.

5) during collection, i noticed both warranty card (body and lens) did not have their company chop, so i ask them, they told me the redemption counter at the first floor will chop on my warranty card. So when i went to the redemption counter, yes they did chop under the company stamp column on my 500D warranty card, but not did not chop anything on my lens warranty card (why?)

6)Surprisingly, the company stamp they use to chop my warranty card is 'REDEEM, CANON LINK' in red, is this suppose to be their company stamp, i thought suppose to be 'Canon singapore, with a Canon logo'?

Last edited:
Hi everyone, i have some question regarding canon warranty issue from their buy back program. Hope guys here can help to answer.

1) I have order a 500D kit2 on 07/12/2009 (Mon), collected on 14/12/2009(Mon), but saw the invoice date is 08/12/2009, only realized it when i reach home, is it normal, is it they process the delivery order the next day, hence is 1 day later?

2) what should i key in the purchase date during online registration, 1 have 3 dates to choose from 07/12/2009(order date), 08/12/2009(invoice date) or 14/12/2009(collection date)

3) saw there are 2 warranty card, one for500D and one for 18-200mm lens kit, so do i have to register the warranty separately for body and lens?

4) when i collect the set from Canon service centre, they just show me the contents in the box, everything in plastice bag. The 500D body and lens is also in plastice bag with bubble wrap, but they did not open the body and lens for me to check for scratches and test the set, are they suppose to let customer check and test the set? but ofcourse i insisted to check and test the set on that day.

5) during collection, i noticed both warranty card (body and lens) did not have their company chop, so i ask them, they told me the redemption counter at the first floor will chop on my warranty card. So when i went to the redemption counter, yes they did chop under the company stamp column on my 500D warranty card, but not did not chop anything on my lens warranty card (why?)

6)Surprisingly, the company stamp they use to chop my warranty card is 'REDEEM, CANON LINK' in red, is this suppose to be their company stamp, i thought suppose to be 'Canon singapore, with a Canon logo'?
Call them and ask.

For the payment, do they accept credit card or just cash only? :confused:

Call them and ask.

the reasons why i make the effort to post all this question is to see is everyone getting the same scenerio when collecting their set.
example, did the staff let them test the set before collection, etc.

anyone got more constructive answer? thanks.

For the payment, do they accept credit card or just cash only? :confused:

you can pay cash, nets or credit card. I paid using credit card at no extra charges.

the reasons why i make the effort to post all this question is to see is everyone getting the same scenerio when collecting their set.
example, did the staff let them test the set before collection, etc.

anyone got more constructive answer? thanks.

I'd say the question about what date to key in should be directed at Canon.

Everyone, no post here.

What can we change the camera?
1) If you want to change the camera then go to CSC for privilege purchase programme.
2) If your camera has already damaged then go to CSC for privilege purchase programme.
3) If your camera was older then go to CSC for privilege purchase programme.
4) If your film camera, then go to CSC for privilege purchase programme.

How long can we take for collection?
1) Depend on them, maybe in few weeks or one month.
2) You call them who can check on when ready for collection.

What can we payment for?
1) You can pay cash, nets or credit card at no extra charges.

Problem with your camera?
1) Call directly at Canon.
2)We are not canon salesman or maid. as we are discussed our community only.

Everyone must read here and repeat, then can understand what post said.

Stop asking about privilege purchase programme

Please read as above!!

This post tells you repeat.

its normal

key in the date you collected your camera

yes, u need to register separately.

well, it's brand new set. you have already checked, so no issue. just tell them before hand.

they are supposed to chop the company stamp on both cards

the company stamp is Canon Singapore, with Canon logo.. you got pwned.. pls go back and get it stamped again.

why i know, look at my signature.. ;)

Everyone, no post here.

1) If you want to change the camera then go to CSC for privilege purchase programme.
2) If your camera has already damaged then go to CSC for privilege purchase programme.

What can we payment for?

Please read as above!!

i see repeated questions in myhometown too.. seems like many people dun know how to read. :sweat:

Everyone, no post here.

What can we payment for?

Please read as above!!

Everyone should click the "quote" button on that post above when replying/posting in this thread to avoid repeated questions :D hehe.

Anyway, just to contribute. There are no more 50D units available for this program as of 12/16/09, they only have the 500D and the G/S cameras for now, and unless there are 7D supply surpluses, it won't be offered in the near future, according to the lady at the service counter.

Just an FYI.

Status
Not open for further replies.