Canon buy back program

Status
Not open for further replies.
just called them and they keep asking me to bring the item down to service center and they will advice, sound very secretive. And lens is not in the list, sigh...

i told them my camera (model) spolit and would like to check whether it's eligible for the buy back program, they ask me what model and quote me. i go csc, show them my cam, wait for 2 wks. my new cam come.

why not try asking them to give u the quote to avoid any un-necessary trip? they are the customer service officer. this is part of the customer service they should provide ;p

just called them and they keep asking me to bring the item down to service center and they will advice, sound very secretive. And lens is not in the list, sigh...

You called the service centre or the showroom? hmm.. cause i think thats what the staff from the showroom told me.

why not try asking them to give u the quote to avoid any un-necessary trip? they are the customer service officer. this is part of the customer service they should provide ;p

Good point there.

I just went there around 5pm with my workable old digicam. Show it to the CSO. ask for upgrade and was ask to choose what model to upgrade to.
simple task. Sign and goes off. now wait for them to call to collect. Payment to be done during collection. :)

But was told standard set of 500D comes with card and lens book. no bag. is that true? got battery or not?? i forgotten to ask.
just worried.....

Last edited:
I just went there around 5pm with my workable old digicam. Show it to the CSO. ask for upgrade and was ask to choose what model to upgrade to.
simple task. Sign and goes off. now wait for them to call to collect. Payment to be done during collection. :)

But was told standard set of 500D comes with card and lens book. no bag. is that true?

If i not wrong yes

But was told standard set of 500D comes with card and lens book. no bag. is that true? got battery or not?? i forgotten to ask.
just worried.....

Standard free gift is Kingston 8G SDHC Class4 and lens book (collect @ 1st floor showroom). No bag. The camera comes with all stardard accessory like charger, cables and of course the battery as well ;)

just worried.....
U dun wan the bag, its a crappy sling bag anyway, mine collecting dust at home, never even took it out from its plastic wrapper.

just worried.....

Yup. It is their current promotion as free gift. recent promo doesn't have a bag as free gift anymore. You can check this out. http://www.canon.com.sg/section/promotion/consumer.jsp

But the SD card brand may vary because it depends on the shipment.

Thanks for the info guys! now waiting to get my hands on the camera and start playing with it. this is my first DSLR camera.

just worried.....

hi bro...
how much they quote you ??
i call them today , and was told that , the price is fix , no matter you bring in pns or DSLR.. is it true ??

thanks

hi bro...
how much they quote you ??
i call them today , and was told that , the price is fix , no matter you bring in pns or DSLR.. is it true ??

thanks

Please stop asking people to spoon feed.
Don't be lazy, the answer can be found a few pages back.
No offense, it's really irritating to see this question come out again.

Now that we know they trade in camera for cameras.....

Can we do the same with our Lens ?

Now that we know they trade in camera for cameras.....

Can we do the same with our Lens ?

To Eijnaix

Hi guys.....just to write again here in this post for the benefit of ppl who are not "aware" of the search function. :) Hope i am not too harsh on this sentence.

The price for 500D kit 2 is at $1667 nett after trade-in/upgrade
There are no trade in on lens for lens. solely only for camera

Hope the above helps.

hi ...
if you feel irritating then you dun see lol...
when the previous page was posted ..? i just asking someone who know the price for now, if you know, then please let me know..if dun know..please....nono:

no offense to you oso...:devil:

canon service is pretty good. my sister had an old ixus. you know the silver one 2.0 megapixels. the first one that came out i think.

lasted all these years then 2 years ago the lcd went black. Apparently this black thing was a known issue, but it lasted so long. she brought it in asking about repairing and they automatically asked her to fill in some forms and gave her a new ixus. It was what they said was the current equivalent cos they don't make parts for that old model any more. no charges but had to give back the old cf card inside.

it was such a strange experience that she thought she was being scammed at first. but hey a credit to the canon customer service.

my sister has gone on to buy a 50d. myself, bought a powershot 590is and a few months ago i managed to buy a new 40d. my older brother was also so impressed with the service that he's also a canon person now.

I brought in my old APS format IXUS to CSC hoping to get a exchange for new cam like ur sis did, but very sad it din happen:thumbsd:
The lady just bring it to e technical staff n they din even check, just said no more parts for these n not worth to repair. Then told me to get priviledge purchase using e old cam..

Was told Canon now no more 50D stock for priviledge purchase, have to wait if order.. body only 1509, same price as 450D kit2:thumbsup:

i think its a standard they say no stock ba. I went to trade in mine then they also say no stock and need to wait for quite a long period. end up 2 days later they call me to collect.

I brought in my old APS format IXUS to CSC hoping to get a exchange for new cam like ur sis did, but very sad it din happen:thumbsd:
The lady just bring it to e technical staff n they din even check, just said no more parts for these n not worth to repair. Then told me to get priviledge purchase using e old cam..

Was told Canon now no more 50D stock for priviledge purchase, have to wait if order.. body only 1509, same price as 450D kit2:thumbsup:

can i check for 50D, can use film SLR for the exchange? or must be DSLR

Status
Not open for further replies.