Canon buy back program

Status
Not open for further replies.
price quote for kit2 was $1,667. i got a kit2, cause i think its more worth it. 950 for 450D kit1? you must as well pay $60 more for a newer 500D right? ;p
so what did you get in the end?

its $110 more ;p

$1,667 is damn worth it... maybe i should look at it too :bsmilie:

but one thing is holding me back is that... D90 performance is really solid compared to 500D :embrass: no punt intended... i am very used to Canon EOS interface... still thinking HARD!

its $110 more ;p

$1,667 is damn worth it... maybe i should look at it too :bsmilie:

but one thing is holding me back is that... D90 performance is really solid compared to 500D :embrass: no punt intended... i am very used to Canon EOS interface... still thinking HARD!

well, i am new to DSLR, so just wanna get the best offer since i have a limited budget to spend with....so far...am very happy with my 500D :thumbsup:

I heard D90 performance is really solid too...but like many of the CSers mentioned..buy what you need..haha..

Last edited:
well, i am new to DSLR, so just wanna get the best offer since i have a limited budget to spend with....so far...am very happy with my 500D :thumbsup:

I heard D90 performance is really solid too...but like many of the CSers mentioned..buy what you need..haha..

but the hi-ISO of 500 leaves alot to be desired... :cry:
i am quite happy with hi-ISO of 450D till i saw D5000 and D90 :cry:

How can you not be happy with something that you were happy with, that didn't change, but was overtaken by something ELSE that's better from another camp?

What you experiencing is not dissatisfaction. C'mon, you used to be satisfied with your 450D. What you are experiencing is called envy, or gear lust, whichever you'd like to call it. Be happy with what you have and maximise it.

Just got a Powershot SX10IS under this privilege purchase program.
Absolutely love this little gadget!
Next one will get the 500D DSLR!

went to CSC to collect my lens (err01) and asked about the privilege programme and whether it applies to lenses... answer was NO. only camera bodies+lens and not lens alone

500D is selling for $1111 and 450D for $952 at canon with trade in. If anyone is interested i have an old canon digi cam. It's much more worth it to trade in if buying a new canon cam, plus they're throwing in 8gb card and lens bk if im not wrong

500D is selling for $1111 and 450D for $952 at canon with trade in. If anyone is interested i have an old canon digi cam. It's much more worth it to trade in if buying a new canon cam, plus they're throwing in 8gb card and lens bk if im not wrong

500D body they're selling at $952 too.

Hi

How much u selling the old digi cam?>

Does this program only apply to trade in items by canon? Can i use a old Minolta flim camera to do trade in?

GMAN

Does this program only apply to trade in items by canon? Can i use a old Minolta flim camera to do trade in?

They should actually, just like how Levi's is doing...Trade your old jeans of any brand to get $50 off a Levi's. Then the whole world will be using Levi's jeans or for our case, Canon camera.

I think this buy back programmes is not a formal practice....it is a good gesture extend by Canon to upgrade those equipment that are beyond economical repairs. So don't abuse it and assume that they have to do it.

I think this buy back programmes is not a formal practice....it is a good gesture extend by Canon to upgrade those equipment that are beyond economical repairs. So don't abuse it and assume that they have to do it.

i half suspect this forum has build up the awareness of this program...and one of these days canon gonna stop it when they have tonnes of their old SLR or PNS stock up in the warehouse...........

Yes, Canon have this "trade-in" program. Trade-in items need not be in working condition. And it need not be from DSLR to DSLR. You can use a PnS camera to trade-in for a DSLR and the trade-in price is quite high. Call their service hot line and tell them you want to do a trade-in and they will give you a number to call (lost that number, else can provide :embrass:)

Only thing is, you need to bring the item to the service centre and confirm your deal there. Once deal confirm, they will place an order and you go back there to collect once the stock arrives.

Hope this helps.

Does they have a trade in using PnS for lenses??

i half suspect this forum has build up the awareness of this program...and one of these days canon gonna stop it when they have tonnes of their old SLR or PNS stock up in the warehouse...........

The awareness is actually good for Canon ;more geared towards brand loyalty and capturing market share; given the old SLR & PNS recovered they would eventually dispose of I believe.

I did mine with a very old IXUS 300. When I enquire aout the PPP; the sweet young girl who attended to me just key in the old serial no; ask me which Camera Kit I wanted; quoted the price like a record player without much expression. Got me to verify & sign the form and told me to wait ard 2 wks. Everything done in less than 5 minutes.

It is good for those who are geniuely keen in upgrading their system and hope it won;t be abuse so that many can benefit from it.:)

The awareness is actually good for Canon ;more geared towards brand loyalty and capturing market share; given the old SLR & PNS recovered they would eventually dispose of I believe.

I did mine with a very old IXUS 300. When I enquire aout the PPP; the sweet young girl who attended to me just key in the old serial no; ask me which Camera Kit I wanted; quoted the price like a record player without much expression. Got me to verify & sign the form and told me to wait ard 2 wks. Everything done in less than 5 minutes.

It is good for those who are geniuely keen in upgrading their system and hope it won;t be abuse so that many can benefit from it.:)

Hahaha...they do have young sweet girls there. :thumbsup::sweatsm:

Status
Not open for further replies.