Canon buy back program

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one mentioned so I will ask. Must the trade in involve functioning cams ? If possible, will wait to use my 'joker' and subsidise my next upgrade, even though small amount.

even if its working, they will still take in.. ;p i bought one camera recently under this program with my fully functional film canon camera.. they also accept Canon digital cameras...

:bsmilie:

else why do you see a influx of sellers desperately selling their 18-200mm IS lens for $900 or less... some even as low as $800...

$1667 for Kit 2 set 500D, discount $800 for the lens which can be sold in Bns... The body for 500D is only $867 nett.. so cheap! :eek:

interested in the 500d kit II - $1667 is nett price ie. inclusive of 7% gst ?

Yes, $1667 is nett with GST (inclusive). Must trade-in with ANY Canon PNS in ANY condition (working, non-working, without batteries, non-digital film...... as long as it is a Canon camera). Can pay by credit card as well.

Last edited:

yes, 1,667 is all u need to pay for. got my kit II a mth plus ago. but only got a 8GB card and a lense book as freebie. anybody got more? ;p

Just got IXUS 110 at S$436 nett after trade-in discount, while street price is S$485, and MRSP is S$549

Wow, I'm suprise that there this kind of trade in as I jus email them a few wks back and they told me it better for me to sell it to those shop at peni. Well any idea how much will it cost me to trade my 1000d to 500d?? any email or no. that i can clarify b4 bringin the camera down?? Thanks

do search a few pages back. think somebody list down the number. dont email. call them. and say ur camera spoilt and want to check on the price if u want to go into the buy back program. i used a prima shot, film camera for trade in. paid 1667 for my 500d kit 2. think u will get a better price if u trade in with a DSLR. cause mine is a PnS.

Last edited:
The program is one for one.

Called the Canon SC mainline 6799 8888 and they will direct you to the dept which handle it.

Get quote for the model you wanted.
Bring old canon camera to service center 4th floor. take a que number.
Tell them you want this purchase program instead of servicng the cam.
They take your cam and order the new model and will sms you when ready for collection.
Receive sms - proceed to 4th floor service center to collect.

Wow, I'm suprise that there this kind of trade in as I jus email them a few wks back and they told me it better for me to sell it to those shop at peni. Well any idea how much will it cost me to trade my 1000d to 500d?? any email or no. that i can clarify b4 bringin the camera down?? Thanks

thanks dykat2009 ;)

Last edited:

I just went down yesterday.
They say I can trade in my old EOS 88 for 500D+18-200mm ($1667)
This is a fixed price no matter what model you trade in, functional or non-functional.

I think what they said is true.
Don't tell me you wanna trade in 1000D and top up so much for 500D? :sweat:

damn... i dun have any canon brand camera except my 30D...

got my 1000D from this Priviledge Purchase scheme for $794 with kit lens 18-55. Free a 8gd memory card n a lens book only..
I traded in my bought in 1996 $78 PnS film cam. Price no different even if u trade in a newer better cam. But have to order e cam n wait for about 3 days to reach CSC. :thumbsup:
Trade in can buy basic SLRs only, those high end SLR like 50D don have disc.. No disc for lens also.

I just went down yesterday.
They say I can trade in my old EOS 88 for 500D+18-200mm ($1667)
This is a fixed price no matter what model you trade in, functional or non-functional.

I think what they said is true.
Don't tell me you wanna trade in 1000D and top up so much for 500D? :sweat:

Well If that's the case then it's better for me to sell it in the open market rather then trade in. Thanks

Hey folks just to clarify abt the PPP...

any PnS can be used to purchase up to DSLR 500D at discount

but must use SLR (meaning film SLR also can or must be DSLR) for discount on higher XXD series?

i remember when i last checked, the PPP only applies up to 50D. (i.e. no XD series cam)
and need to trade a DSLR. (didn't check about SLR then cos i didn't have one).

Hey folks just to clarify abt the PPP...

any PnS can be used to purchase up to DSLR 500D at discount

but must use SLR (meaning film SLR also can or must be DSLR) for discount on higher XXD series?

Hi friends, I’m from Sri Lanka and new to this forum

Just wanted to find out whether the trade in could be done at any canon service center, or do you need to go to a specific one? Do you need to produce the invoice of the old camera?

Beforehand is there a way you could check the available models. If available how long will it take to obtain the new goods and if NOT available how long?

Do they have these options for Canon lenses as well?
Thanks

Hi bros,

So is this buy back program still available now?

Has anyone traded in their old Ixus PnS for 500D recently?

Just want to confirm before I go down... :)

thanks!

Hi friends, I’m from Sri Lanka and new to this forum

Just wanted to find out whether the trade in could be done at any canon service center, or do you need to go to a specific one? Do you need to produce the invoice of the old camera?

Beforehand is there a way you could check the available models. If available how long will it take to obtain the new goods and if NOT available how long?

Do they have these options for Canon lenses as well?
Thanks

I am not sure your country different to singapore. sorry
You need to call to your canon service centre.
We don't know your country has canon buy back.
In Singapore, you have to bring a camera to canon service centre, no need to bring the invoice. Depend canon service centre order early or late.

Hi bros,

So is this buy back program still available now?

Has anyone traded in their old Ixus PnS for 500D recently?

Just want to confirm before I go down... :)

thanks!

just give CSC a call. number and all the details is already there for u in this page.

I am not sure your country different to singapore. sorry
You need to call to your canon service centre.
We don't know your country has canon buy back.
In Singapore, you have to bring a camera to canon service centre, no need to bring the invoice. Depend canon service centre order early or late.

I was referring to Singapore only. I intend to travel that way and wanted to know beforehand so that I could plan out accordingly. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.