Canon A70 Add-On Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmonkey

Jul 10, 2004
www.flickr.com
Hey, would you guys recommend getting a telephoto lens for the canon a70? I don't intend to upgrade my camera anytime soon...so wondering if it's a good investment to get an additional lens...would appreciate any advice given? Plus...how much would it cost? The lens that is..not the advice

agentmonkey said:
Hey, would you guys recommend getting a telephoto lens for the canon a70? I don't intend to upgrade my camera anytime soon...so wondering if it's a good investment to get an additional lens...would appreciate any advice given? Plus...how much would it cost? The lens that is..not the advice

I've been using a 1.9x Teleconversion lens from Olympus (the C-210) that will cost you less than $50 (if you can still find a brand new one). However, the results aren't great and you lose about 2 stops of light. Overall, I find a T-con not too wothwhile an investment as it doesn't really make too much of difference. Just try to get closerto the action or alternatively go for one of those exciting Panasonics 10-12x zooms

eel said:
I've been using a 1.9x Teleconversion lens from Olympus (the C-210) that will cost you less than $50 (if you can still find a brand new one). However, the results aren't great and you lose about 2 stops of light. Overall, I find a T-con not too wothwhile an investment as it doesn't really make too much of difference. Just try to get closerto the action or alternatively go for one of those exciting Panasonics 10-12x zooms

Thanks eel..umm..yeah..like what daylight said..does it work with the canon A series? ahh...feel quite limited with my camera as it is at the moment... either that or i need some serious tips from current a70 users who are taking pics without the add on lenses

Sorry my bad. I meant the Panasonic FZ series of cameras which come with 10-12x zooms. I don't think there's a T-con that will ba able to do 10-12x zoom. I think there are a couple of older threads for A70 users. Maybe you can do a search to find them.

Status
Not open for further replies.