Canon 7D or wait...

nongey

Oct 17, 2010
Hello CSers,

I'm thinking of getting the Canon 7D...
Or should I wait until the replacement of 7D comes out...
Perhaps the 8D etc...

Thanks...

One more question:
Where's the best place to get the 7D???
Not the cheapest but probably the best deal I could get out of it...

Thanks once again...

Successor of 7D most probably won't be out until 2012 or beyond...it's a never ending chase I guess, if you need it then get it. Once so called '8D' is out people will ask when will '9D' be out...

There are a list of reliable shops...you can just go to the price guide section to see the list.

Hello CSers,

Perhaps the 8D etc...

Thanks...

One more question:
Where's the best place to get the 7D???
Not the cheapest but probably the best deal I could get out of it...

Thanks once again...
the wait is never ending, just buy what your wallet allows you to. if you want to wait, might as well wait for 100D.

MS Color is one of the cheapest around and i like dealing with them because of their good customer service.

if you want excellent CS and you are feeling very loaded, can try John 3:16.

Best to wait. :angel: Here's the logic: If you wait then there will be an 8D or at least a 7D mkII. When that happens you'll have a choice picking up a new 7D on the cheap or get the latest. Only problem is the latest will come with firmware 1.0. So it's best to wait again. Cos everyone knows firmware 1.0 is a no -no. Wait till it's at least firmware 2.1 then go for it or wait for the 9D or 7D mkIII.

Short version: Pick a camera that's based on your needs now.

Successor of 7D most probably won't be out until 2012 or beyond...it's a never ending chase I guess, if you need it then get it. Once so called '8D' is out people will ask when will '9D' be out...

There are a list of reliable shops...you can just go to the price guide section to see the list.

Oh, thanks.

the wait is never ending, just buy what your wallet allows you to. if you want to wait, might as well wait for 100D.

MS Color is one of the cheapest around and i like dealing with them because of their good customer service.

if you want excellent CS and you are feeling very loaded, can try John 3:16.

Yes true. MS Color at AMK?

Best to wait. :angel: Here's the logic: If you wait then there will be an 8D or at least a 7D mkII. When that happens you'll have a choice picking up a new 7D on the cheap or get the latest. Only problem is the latest will come with firmware 1.0. So it's best to wait again. Cos everyone knows firmware 1.0 is a no -no. Wait till it's at least firmware 2.1 then go for it or wait for the 9D or 7D mkIII.

Short version: Pick a camera that's based on your needs now.

Hmmmmmm, I was just gonna go once and for all on that camera, before I'm ready for an FX camera.

yup, MS Color at AMK Hub/beside Jubilee Theatre.

i prefer the latter one as i feel more relax inside a neighbourhood shop. :)

yup, MS Color at AMK Hub/beside Jubilee Theatre.

i prefer the latter one as i feel more relax inside a neighbourhood shop. :)

Does John 3:16 offers great deals?
As for the 7D for instance.

Does John 3:16 offers great deals?
As for the 7D for instance.
i suggest you email/ring them for a quote.

my take is, it will probably be on the high side.

Perhaps the 8D etc...
You should wait.

Not for the Mk 2, but for the MARK THREE.

That model will be the ultimate killer.

So wait.

Do you know why? Because if you can afford to ask this question, you can afford to wait.

You should wait.

Not for the Mk 2, but for the MARK THREE.

That model will be the ultimate killer.

So wait.

Do you know why? Because if you can afford to ask this question, you can afford to wait.

Hmmmm, true true. By that time, I'd have save more money and probably get a better one. Thanks.

if u need it now then just get it!
there is no point to wait for the replacement unless u r sure that it is going to be launches in 2~3 mths time...
this is my 2 cents.

i'm also looking to get a 7D.

any 7D user here?
IQ good for this beast? i'm thinking if D7000 as it's spec and price is attractive but video hmm.. kinda cmi so far from what i've seen.

wow, quite a handful of high budget first time DSLR buyers around

Just wait....I hear 7Dm3 is going to be release in the future......oh the mark 4 is also going to be released in the future....so wait is better....always remember...something new is going to be released soon...

Even if there is a brand new release Canon EOS 8D , this one should be downgrade from 7D , lol ! u must learn the EOS series number .

yea, wait for 8D.. sounds better.. Huat ah! :bsmilie:

Perhaps the 8D etc...

I know we all like the number 8, but Canon doesn't like incrementing the number by one for the xD series. Makes sense because if they do, then they would have run out of numbers by now.

So 7D Mark II is more likely what they will go with.

Buy now, shoot like mad, and upgrade when it stops working

More likely upgrade when new model arrives, not when it stops working :bsmilie: