canon 6d or nikon d610

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if memory serves me right, it's not that the 24-70 mk 1 is bad on absolute term, but more like quality gap/variation between each copy is quite big - and this is not acceptable for an L lens.

...24-70 mk I is a lot more inferior to mkii. The mk I is one of the weakest 24-70 in the market... especially in terms of sharpness..

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if memory serves me right, it's not that the 24-70 mk 1 is bad on absolute term, but more like quality gap/variation between each copy is quite big - and this is not acceptable for an L lens.

Not sure. I just know that the one I was using was not very sharp...

i heard the opposite zoom will suck dust into lens
You will need a lot of dust before it shows up on your picture. Likely you will see the dust mites forming a government before they cast a shadow on the sensor...

portrait doesnt mean shoot with good lighting... can be outdoor shooting people...
i tot canon 24-70 m 1is sharp compare to other brand?

portrait doesnt mean shoot with good lighting... can be outdoor shooting people...
Which does not mean to have good light? For a portrait, the first thing is to have (well controlled) good light for your purpose.
Did you read some reviews?

24-70 mark 1 is reasonably sharp if you can get a good copy. Mark 2 is so sharp they can tear your wallet :)

What bro Octarine said is like this.. For a "good" portrait, usually a good lighting is required, even for outdoor. Of course the light source can be artificial (speedlites etc) or natural (sun), or combination of both. If you have none of those.. well then have to start cranking up the ISO.

Probably this is an example:

Senior Group Portrait
by Severin Sadjina, on Flickr

* Mod, kindly remove the picture if it's against some copyright rules in CS.

Last edited:
Which does not mean to have good light? For a portrait, the first thing is to have (well controlled) good light for your purpose.

Did you read some reviews?

yup i watch youtube
[video=youtube;dE-2AnTmqo0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE-2AnTmqo0[/video]

We don't say that you need to get mark 2 over mark 1.. Basically we were trying to give as accurate information as we could, so you can decide based on that, your budget, and your expectation.

If, in the end, you still prefer mark 2, then go ahead, it's really a great lens :)

i believe 24-70 mk2 came out for a reason also..
in this case if mk1 is not so gd..then i take a longer while to save up for mark 2 ...
thanks man for the source.

We don't say that you need to get mark 2 over mark 1.. Basically we were trying to give as accurate information as we could, so you can decide based on that, your budget, and your expectation.

If, in the end, you still prefer mark 2, then go ahead, it's really a great lens :)

coming to think again also i might nt need top end lens.....
why so many lens to choose....btw how u all choose which brand to get?

Set budget, set expectation, read reviews, probably rent to try & test first, and that's it..

coming to think again also i might nt need top end lens.....
why so many lens to choose....btw how u all choose which brand to get?

- Cross type AF Points
Since you have mentioned that you have used 5d2 before, and now you are using 600D, I thought you would have known the difference of using a cross type and a "normal" type AF points. The 6D won't be much different to the 5D2 in this aspect (as far as I've read), other than that the 6D slightly more responsive than the 5D2.

- Portraits shooting
I'm not claiming to be a pro in this, but AFAIK, (looking at your flickr) I note that you may be referring to cosplays event shooting. In those events (be it in Barrage or MBS, Suntec), you will likely be using flash or reflectors to lightup the cosers when you are in "bad" light (back lit, or harsh sunlight from from 11am-3pm), so there isn't much to worry about shooting in unfavourable lighting conditions for AF.

- 24-70s
To my readings, of the mk I, when it's brand new out of the box, It can be pretty sharp, but after years of usage, the IQ will deteriorate maybe due to some lens element shifting stuffs.

The mk II, One of the best lens I've tried for a couple of events...But it costs $1000 more than the mk I and 3rd party options.

Tamron, The one I've bought eventually. $1000 lesser than the mk II, not nearly as sharp as the mk II, but holds pretty well against it.

If you are shooting portraiture, you might wanna also consider skin tones each camera produces, especially if you need to shoot JPEG or wish to minimize time doing post adjustments.