Canon 5D mk3 in Spring

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused now... Is it "X" or Mark III?

Also the camera in the photo looks quite small. If the photo is authentic, they must have decreased the size of the new 5D.

Can't wait for the 2nd of March to find out for real!!!

I'm confused now... Is it "X" or Mark III?

Also the camera in the photo looks quite small. If the photo is authentic, they must have decreased the size of the new 5D.

Can't wait for the 2nd of March to find out for real!!!

Some more image from CR....

From Photo, look like Mark III... not sure if it is a PS photo...

5d3_1dx.jpg

5dmarkiii2.jpg

Last edited:
Halfmoon said:

Look at the totality of the 3 photos... It's highly plausible that it is the real thing. Th design suggests that it is a combination of 7D and 5D2 features.

5d3_1dx.jpg

5dmarkiii2.jpg

The Mark III marking looks DAMN FAKE.. have a closer look:
1) The alphabets are not aligned. They looked curved
2) The wordings are not protruding it looks DAMN flat. We know that in 5D Mark II, the "Mark II" wording is well protruding.
3) Look again at the body design (front part). It IS the 7D body design. Notice the microphone position and the position where "EOS 5D" is written. It is EXACTLY the same as 7D's design

As a refresher, here is the 7D image:

Canon-EOS-7D-Digital-SLR-Camera.jpg

Nice try in photoshop.. :bsmilie:

Last edited:
The BBB virus is getting stronger each day... eeeks!! :eek: :sweat:

How come no DoF preview button when compared to 7D?

Last edited:
2) The wordings are not protruding it looks DAMN flat. We know that in 5D Mark II, the "Mark II" wording is well protruding.
3) Look again at the body design (front part). It IS the 7D body design. Notice the microphone position and the position where "EOS 5D" is written. It is EXACTLY the same as 7D's design

so.. how do you explain the new ports? in the other photo.

5d3-headphone-jack.jpg

7D got headphone jack port?

ZLEFT.JPG

Last edited:
The BBB virus is getting stronger each day... eeeks!! :eek: :sweat:

How come no DoF preview button when compared to 7D?

I think maybe that's is why some people do not log in or come to CS forum already.... TOO POISONOUS!!!!! hahah... :bsmilie:

5d3-headphone-jack.jpg

ZLEFT.JPG

hmm, no explanation. didn't see that photo earlier. this photo looks legit enough :(

on a side note.. if 5D Mark III's design really resembles 7D, I think it's a meh.. :p I prefer the original design, closer to the 1D series :(

Not familiar with 5D but better with 7D....

I did not feel the photo are PS... but I am no expert in this...... so I could be wrong..... :think:

Anyway, guys...... 4 more days............ very fast one!!!! ;)

Another typical naysayer. :rolleyes:

If you look at the photo with 1DX, the body is curved, of course the words are curved. Didnt know u can really tell the words can protrude or look damn flat from spyshots.

Well, wait for Friday to arrive...

5d3-headphone-jack.jpg

ZLEFT.JPG

Exactly... Need to look closely at all 3 leaked photos and compare to realize that is hard to fake that series of photos. All different angles and it matches the newer Canon body designs and features.

You'll notice that the microphone holes on the 5D3 has 5 instead of 4 that is on 7D.

Could there be two 5D's as earlier postulated?.... The first a 5D Mk3 @ 22mp's and the second a 5D X with 40+mp's?

hmm, no explanation. didn't see that photo earlier. this photo looks legit enough :(

on a side note.. if 5D Mark III's design really resembles 7D, I think it's a meh.. :p I prefer the original design, closer to the 1D series :(

They are listening to the 5D2 users... everybody wanted good AF system, 2 media card storage, similar megapixels and smaller body.

They simple DID IT.

the smaller body is useful to some people, especially those doing run and gun documentaries in locations that are quite undesirable.

They are listening to the 5D2 users... everybody wanted good AF system, 2 media card storage, similar megapixels and smaller body.

They simple DID IT.

I agree. Canon seems to be a good job of listening to the market especially since the introduction of the 7D.

I really like the specs of the new 5D. It will sell like hotcakes. There is one in my future!

the smaller body is useful to some people, especially those doing run and gun documentaries in locations that are quite undesirable.

I agree. I prefer the smaller body. Nikon has done the same with the D800. A lighter load in my bag is always more desirable.

They simple DID IT.

Well, indeed a better AF system with 2 media card storage and a lighter body is definitely good.

Apologies for the things I've missed earlier (my eyes aren't sharp enough). If that is the case, let's hope that the pics and rumored specs will be true.

I agree. Canon seems to be a good job of listening to the market especially since the introduction of the 7D.

I really like the specs of the new 5D. It will sell like hotcakes. There is one in my future!

def. for sure. x 2

haha. hope the price is good as well.

I'm so looking forward to the improved AF speed/system of the 5D3. I don't own a 5D2 but tried my friend's and hated that it is slow compared to my 7D... but I need the new FF by 1st week of April! :(

Is it only me or does many of you also like to play with the focal points as you take the pictures?

I'm unfamiliar with dual SD/CF system as mine's only CF. In what ways would a dual SD/CF slot be useful? I only see more pain in getting 2 different cards. I think I actually prefer 2x CF slots like 1Dx more. Can you guys pls enlighten me?

What's wrong with the design of the 7D? I think the 7D is one of the nicest looking Canon body, along with the 1D/s series.

Status
Not open for further replies.