Canon 50mm 1.8 for $300?

Status
Not open for further replies.
solarii said:
What do you want Canon to do assuming they knew? Its willing buyer willing seller.

Generally some manufacturers have restrictions on advertising a product's price selling below the RRP. ie. If the RRP is $120 and your shop wants to sell if for $100, you can't advertise the price in newspapers etc if such a restriction is in place. It's usually for authorised dealers only. But there's no ruling to say you can't sell it for $1200 if you can find buyers.

wah... ya.. you are right... learn something new everyday... hope ppl will read this and not be conned by *ahem* certain ppl...

Wa........... I bet the salesman is going to get a BIG commission if he close the deal. :bsmilie: Lucky you are not the Carrot Head.

Venom81 said:
Wa........... I bet the salesman is going to get a BIG commission if he close the deal. :bsmilie: Lucky you are not the Carrot Head.

ha ha.. yah.. my name is not robert...

littledigitalartist said:
hi hi... i went to ISHIDA marketing at peninsula shopping complex and ask for a 50mm 1.8. the guy there quote me $300 for the lens.... is it reasonable?? any comments on this??
May be he said 3 for $300 ? ;)

lui002 said:
May be he said 3 for $300 ? ;)

well do you think so?? ;p why dun you go there and get then... 3 for 300 is the cheaper than second hand liao lor... anyway.. someone did say do a search on the shop name in CS.. ;p

Well, that's 'Peanut'.

haha I think u should do some research and one thing for sure that shop is not honest to their customers. Who buy from that shop is a brainless person. This type of shops should not step in anymore never then if they change is too because they lose their trust. In businesses trustworthy, reliability and serivce are the most important if they choice to be not trustworthy and reliability then they will end their business soon. Let in the future and see what happen to that shop.

they were fined or something by stb for having too many complains... their shop is to Ka the tourist staying in the hotel... to some overseas ppl, 300 for a 50mm 1.8 is cheap... but i guess this thread is to remind singaporeans not to get conned... upz...

I went to Lucky Plaza yesterday to get a lens filter for my 50mm f1.8,
ISHIDA quoted my $22 for a Hoya Normal UV filter (maybe I looked like a person who doesn't know anything).
When I said I want to compare prices, the sales person put on an angry face and said "$22, you also want to compare price" :eek:
I left the place immediately, eventhough he reduced the price to $10 :)

I went to to other shop, with effortless bargaining I got my filter at $10

thunderdell said:
ISHIDA quoted my $22 for a Hoya Normal UV filter (maybe I looked like a person who doesn't know anything).
When I said I want to compare prices, the sales person put on an angry face and said "$22, you also want to compare price" :eek:

Once, after coming out from TCW, I walked past and browsed around their Peninsula shop.

Casually, I asked for a quote for the Canon 28-135mm IS. The Ah Beng salesman say no stock, and proceeded to recomend me the 28-90mm film SLR kit lens, and went on for 15 min how good it was.

I let him talked even though I wasn't listening, and told him off, saying that was and still is the worst lens in the entire Canon lineup, and supposed to be bundled with an entry level camera. He just gave me the blank look.

Enough said. Yes, avoid this shop at all cost!

thunderdell said:

I also got this experience before. The camera shop beside Alan Photo at Funan quote me $30 for Hoya UV fliter. I told him too expensive liao, then he press his calculator then quote me $25 best price. Then I told him forget it and I walked out. He quickly stopped me and asked me how much I wanna pay. I told him no more then $10. Lastly he sold me at $10 plus a black face. Avoid that shop. :bigeyes:

Venom81 said:
I also got this experience before. The camera shop beside Alan Photo at Funan quote me $30 for Hoya UV fliter. I told him too expensive liao, then he press his calculator then quote me $25 best price. Then I told him forget it and I walked out. He quickly stopped me and asked me how much I wanna pay. I told him no more then $10. Lastly he sold me at $10 plus a black face. Avoid that shop. :bigeyes:

hehe seem like alot of shops like to carrot people. Buying from him still get a black face. Zzzz

Is the price for the "New 50mm L IS" version only avaliable at that shop?:bsmilie:

Sometime I act blur while shopping and many of them thought I'm Japanese and gave me cut throat prices too. There was once me and my wife were shopping for furniture and the salesgirl talk so much and we pretend not to understand cos we dont like the price and design. The salesgirl thought we were Jap and since she dont speak Japanese, she gave up. we walk out of the shop and cant stop laughing our lungs out.

DeSwitch said:
Is the price for the "New 50mm L IS" version only avaliable at that shop?:bsmilie:

Sometime I act blur while shopping and many of them thought I'm Japanese and gave me cut throat prices too. There was once me and my wife were shopping for furniture and the salesgirl talk so much and we pretend not to understand cos we dont like the price and design. The salesgirl thought we were Jap and since she dont speak Japanese, she gave up. we walk out of the shop and cant stop laughing our lungs out.

good trick.. next time just go "ano ano 50mm 1.8 len sah.." ;p

littledigitalartist said:
good trick.. next time just go "ano ano 50mm 1.8 len sah.." ;p

haha den they will put a bigger carrot price tag

Status
Not open for further replies.