Canon 50mm 1.8 for $300?

Status
Not open for further replies.

littledigitalartist

Aug 2, 2004
holland vee
hi hi... i went to ISHIDA marketing at peninsula shopping complex and ask for a 50mm 1.8. the guy there quote me $300 for the lens.... is it reasonable?? any comments on this??

littledigitalartist said:
hi hi... i went to ISHIDA marketing at peninsula shopping complex and ask for a 50mm 1.8. the guy there quote me $300 for the lens.... is it reasonable?? any comments on this??

:eek: Waaa

lol, whats your skin color?

Its too cheap..wait until they try to sell u a filter for $100 , then thats the powerful one..
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Its too cheap..wait until they try to sell u the filter which is the size of the lens for $100 , then thats the powerful one..

What's there to comment? Everyone here's been preaching the age old axiom: Know your prices, Buy from reputable dealers.

If you want to go against the grain, what do u expect? Even if you're just testing the water, the results shouldn't surprise you.

Ishida.... hahaha... do some search.

Anyway, you're not the only one who knows how to test the water.

You test the salesman, the saleman tests you. If you dunno the price and dumb enough to get chopped by him, he chops you. If you tell him what others are selling, he'll probably revert back to the usual price. You can't be so naive to think that you're the only one who knows how to do market testing right?? :bsmilie:

Wow!!!! This 50mm 1.8 must either be the "Gold-Plated" version, or the "L" version that I saw recently in this forum (a very limited version indeed, with a red rubber band around it)!!!

With $300, it's only enough to buy two 50mm 1.8 "normal" version, with filters included :bsmilie:

Gosh, the Ishida one looks like a pretty "good" :thumbsup:deal; good for Ishida that is! ;)

solarii said:
You can't be so naive to think that you're the only one who knows how to do market testing right?? :bsmilie:

well, maybe there is another reason besides just asking if the price is reasonable to this thread.... :cool:

espn said:
Ishida.... hahaha... do some search.
from the way this guy try to 'ka' me, i dun think i need to... ;p thanks... maybe next time i ask you first b4 buying anything...

Thanks for sharing this info.

Maybe this guy at Ishida knew from the 1st look that you know your stuff ,and are just testing water, so purposely give you highly inflated price to tell you not to "kachiow wah". (No offence to you meant).
As you know, if one is at the job for a long time, they can tell from the look whether someone is really gonna be " chai tow"

GENO said:
Its too cheap..wait until they try to sell u the filter which is the size of the lens for $100 , then thats the powerful one..

they also try to sell you close-up filters priced based on the diopter power.

It's nothing new... the other day... CP tried to sell me a BG-E3 for 245. Ha! Saying that the price guide in the forum is only applicable if i buy it together with the Canon 350D. Well guess what, even Song Brothers at Funan quoted me lower. The bottom line is.. know what you are paying for. Feel free to walk away from any deals and not to give in to them.

NE clicks clicks said:
Maybe this guy at Ishida knew from the 1st look that you know your stuff ,and are just testing water, so purposely give you highly inflated price to tell you not to "kachiow wah". (No offence to you meant).
As you know, if one is at the job for a long time, they can tell from the look whether someone is really gonna be " chai tow"

well i roughly know the pricing... just that he ask me if i was looking for something else.. so i said 50mm 1.8, when he quoted me, i said :bigeyes: wah so ex... theeeeeen i say internet selling 160 max... he then say his warranty is original one, greeeen karrer (color) one... other karrer one canon wont accept... then i give him a erm look... then he start to throw in a Hoya UV filter...

wonder if canon knows abt such things.. or is it they cant do anything... :dunno:

upz upz upz... ;p

AhSeng said:
It's nothing new... the other day... CP tried to sell me a BG-E3 for 245. Ha! Saying that the price guide in the forum is only applicable if i buy it together with the Canon 350D. Well guess what, even Song Brothers at Funan quoted me lower. The bottom line is.. know what you are paying for. Feel free to walk away from any deals and not to give in to them.

well i same situation as you. Haha i walk off and go AP buy. Without rule that say must purchase together wf 350D.

well i roughly know the pricing... just that he ask me if i was looking for something else.. so i said 50mm 1.8, when he quoted me, i said :bigeyes: wah so ex... theeeeeen i say internet selling 160 max... he then say his warranty is original one, greeeen karrer (color) one... other karrer one canon wont accept... then i give him a erm look... then he start to throw in a Hoya UV filter...

wonder if canon knows abt such things.. or is it they cant do anything... :dunno:

upz upz upz... ;p

What do you want Canon to do assuming they knew? Its willing buyer willing seller.

Generally some manufacturers have restrictions on advertising a product's price selling below the RRP. ie. If the RRP is $120 and your shop wants to sell if for $100, you can't advertise the price in newspapers etc if such a restriction is in place. It's usually for authorised dealers only. But there's no ruling to say you can't sell it for $1200 if you can find buyers.

Status
Not open for further replies.