Canon 350D Uploading problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

maritimus831

Oct 11, 2005
I have a problem with uploading RAW files with Canon's importing software Camera Window. Since the Raw format is CR2, i import RAW files through Camera Window.

i configure Camerawindow to auto show up when i connect the 350d, but nothing happens. i even click on the camerawindow application but it says no camera detected, pls retry.
but it cannot be my computer's problem, because if i use osx, i photo can import jpeg only, if i use my XP based desktop, i use picasa 2 and importing jpegs work.

using Firmware version 1.0.2
lexar professional 80X 1gb CF
latest camerawindow software.

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM? any suggestions before i make the trip down to HarbourFront?

communication setting is set to PC connection?

just a suggestion, I've never used my cam as tethered uploading raw pics, I've always used a usb CF card reader connected to my PC. It's so much easier and I didn't even have to install the Canon softwares.

It could be a conflict with your TWAIN drivers. Could be your scanner or other camera's drivers interfering with the Canon's drivers. Happened to me. To make it work, you have to disable the conflicting driver

yes i turned it on. yes i set it to PC connection (who uses direct print anyway??).

how do i disable the conflicting twain drivers? how do i even know if the twain drivers are interfering with canon's drivers? btw, my scanner and printer are both canon... but only the printer driver is installed

i really should get one of those hubs...how much are they?

It shouldn't be expensive maybe around $10-$25 just make sure it's USB2.0 rated, it should be seen on the label.

maritimus831 said:
yes i turned it on. yes i set it to PC connection (who uses direct print anyway??).

how do i disable the conflicting twain drivers? how do i even know if the twain drivers are interfering with canon's drivers? btw, my scanner and printer are both canon... but only the printer driver is installed

To check your twain drivers, go to control panel-> system -> Hardware -> Device manager -> Imaging devices.

See how many imaging devices you have installed. Just right click and select disable the other TWAIN drivers to see if your canon 350D works

maritimus831 said:

My office notebook was able to detect connection of my 350D until sysadmin "upgraded" the service pack (its more like a downgrade to me). Gave up fixing it and simply backup my photos (RAW / JPEG) onto my photodrive and connect the drive to PC instead.

Its better to use card reader. I experienced once when I failed to load my raw files from camera to PC. That was when I used my 8Gb MD with almost 6GB of photos. I used up 2 batteries but still not even one photo loaded. Finally switch to xcard reader and it over in a couple of minutes. From that day onwards, I use the card reader only.

Status
Not open for further replies.