Canon 30D vs Nikon D80

Status
Not open for further replies.

tony_teo

Feb 10, 2005
Tanah Merah
Hope this is the right place to put this thread!

I'm thinking of moving from SLR to DLSR. Current setup is with Nikons, but I would not mind changing to Canon as my current set of lens are not so suitable for digital.

Both the above cameras are about the same price (within a couple of hundred $). So which to get?

Feedback welcome.

There are already SO MANY threads comparing cameras. If you have done your homework, you should know the differences between the 2. And you should have gone and tested the cameras yourself to determine which you'd like better in terms of user functionability and controls.

Why ask us for an answer which ONLY you can give.

I'll save you the thinking.
Just buy the Canon and never think about the question again :D You will be happy (especially if you never look onto the grass on the other side!).

Hope this is the right place to put this thread!

I'm thinking of moving from SLR to DLSR. Current setup is with Nikons, but I would not mind changing to Canon as my current set of lens are not so suitable for digital.

Both the above cameras are about the same price (within a couple of hundred $). So which to get?

Feedback welcome.

Don't think you'd be getting a lot out of this......

What do you mean by "my current set of lens are not so suitable for digital"?

actually what Zac08 say is qutie true... i tink u shld go read a lot of reviews regarding this to camera ( e.g. dpreivew) n go down to shops to try out the camera to see if fit u. also not get the what others say are better but what you tink is good n one that suits your needs...

There are already SO MANY threads comparing cameras. If you have done your homework, you should know the differences between the 2. And you should have gone and tested the cameras yourself to determine which you'd like better in terms of user functionability and controls.

Why ask us for an answer which ONLY you can give.

Wah, so negative :bsmilie: . I already know the specs and have handled both, but not for a long term test. Only asking for opinions from more users. I thought this is what the forum is all about - helping each other.

What do you mean by "my current set of lens are not so suitable for digital"?

My wide angle lens are 28mm, when used on the DSLR should be 40mm-45mm. Not wide enough for landscape. I'm thinking will likely have to get 11-14mm for DSLR.

you won't go wrong with either one. both are equally excellent. it is the best for you to go down to the shop and try it out yourself.

i personally went for canon because of the excellent noise control DIGIC and CMOS can provide . also because of USM lenses. lol.

canon cameras give a "neutral" colour tone. so you can adjust the colours to what you want at the processing stage. they like to keep it at stock and do minimal processing on it on board the camera. of course there is picture styles for you to change the desired effect immediately out from the camera without much processing.

tried nikon before. the white balance and colour tones are good. meaning it is closer to what the human eye can see.

i will prefer canon because i will have final control of my pictures. which is important :D

nikon's colous are punchier right out of the cam.
canon's more muted.

canon lenses are generally more expensive than nikon ones.

you decide. :)

Wah, so negative :bsmilie: . I already know the specs and have handled both, but not for a long term test. Only asking for opinions from more users. I thought this is what the forum is all about - helping each other.

My wide angle lens are 28mm, when used on the DSLR should be 40mm-45mm. Not wide enough for landscape. I'm thinking will likely have to get 11-14mm for DSLR.

Not negative, but trying to remind all you guys/gals that this decision should be left to you alone. What we say is due to our likings, usage and personal reasons.

So which do you prefer in your heart?

There are full range of lens to choose from nowadays... no need to worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.