canon 1Ds mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...i dunno japanese, but let me try list out some of the spec...

16.7MP FULL FRAME
4 fps with 32 frames buffer for jpeg and 11 for RAW
CF & SD slot
ISO 100 - 1600 (up to 50 & 3200 expanded)
1/8000 to 30s
1/250 X-sync

the bottom left of the brochure also talk about wireless lan adapter WFT-E1, looks like the availablility will be slightly earlier than D2x

Wow! I guess I was wrong then ... I thought that the 20D was all that Canon was going to release for now. This really does sound like a killer camera ... 16.7 megapixels!

Urm...

BUY BUY BUY!!!

Great! Now the prices will drop!! Yippeeeeeeee. And I can buy my D2XFF :devil:

Heehee... :bsmilie:

Specs sound quite realistic.

However i don't think Canon's gonna make much money on this one. In the 1Ds days, there was only one realistic choice for a professional FF dSLR - in fact, before the MkII came along, the only choices were a new 4mp 1D at S$7k or a 11mp 1Ds at S$12.5k. Second hand 1D/1Ds were very rare. 4mp was just too little for some folks. Esp at $7k.

Today, before considering a new 1DsMkII, a Canon shooter can opt for a used 1D or 1Ds, or even a compromised 1DmkII, making more users less likely to spring for a 1DsMkII.

Perhaps the most likely to jump would be the existing 1Ds users? They just need to top up "a bit" to upgrade. :)

So the lineup would be as follows:

<$1k - D30
$1k-2k - 300D, D60, 10D
<$3k - 20D
$4k - 1D
$7k - 1D MkII
$9k? - 1Ds
$12k-13k? - 1Ds MkII

Seems like the range (at least the price range) is pretty well covered!
Isn't that what Canon wants? :cool:

I wonder if Canon is going to launch any lens together with the 1Ds MkII?

Raymond Cheah said:
Perhaps the most likely to jump would be the existing 1Ds users? They just need to top up "a bit" to upgrade. :)

So the lineup would be as follows:

<$1k - D30
$1k-2k - 300D, D60, 10D
<$3k - 20D
$4k - 1D
$7k - 1D MkII
$9k? - 1Ds
$12k-13k? - 1Ds MkII

Seems like the range (at least the price range) is pretty well covered!
Isn't that what Canon wants? :cool:

I wonder if Canon is going to launch any lens together with the 1Ds MkII?

i do not think used cameras are part of canon marketing plan.

alangoh said:
What's up with Canon and NiMH batteries? Isn't it time to go Li-ion? :confused:

Ok, this sounds lame, but NiMH is inherently safer than Li-ion.

i work with military equipment, and sometimes we make a deliberate design decision to use NIMH instead of Li-ion in situations where there is a possiblity of explosion, however remote. Even if Li-ion is obviously a superior choice.

Canon seems to be thinking along these lines - open up their NP-E3 batteries and i believe there are heat/over-current protection elements inside. And the fact that after 3 generations (1D, 1Ds, 1DMkII), they have not changed for Li-ion, despite us users howling about the weight.

I think might be because 1D and 1Ds and 1D MKII using the same batteries, for upgraders it would be a better breeze?

alangoh said:
What's up with Canon and NiMH batteries? Isn't it time to go Li-ion? :confused:

Seriously, what you're saying here, i bet it has already been brought up to Canon alot of times, and, they know it themselves too. There must be a reason why they aren't changing.

read from that brochure its going to be on sale probably end nov.

17.2MP but, effective is 16.7MP. thats a whole lot of data to crunch!! OUCH!!

it says a new sensor, i bet its the same process that use to make the 1D II & 20D but bigger. i m expecting it to have improve S/N ratio just like the other 2.

can't wait to read what it can do! :vhappy: these canon guys r amazing!! 3 new cams for this year!! :bigeyes:

It's a must to get the 2GB extreme card at $500! (price only during Canon Pro shuttle event).

vthian, you just posted 2 4MBs Bitmap images. Its more than 8MBs of downloading... Hope you can resize those images, some people may not be running on broadband yet. And besides, you're hotlinking from the original site. :nono: I know you have a kind intention, but ppl who are really interested will immediately click on the link even before scrolling down. ;)

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.