canon 1Ds mark II

Status
Not open for further replies.
ST1100 said:
Canon seems to be thinking along these lines - open up their NP-E3 batteries and i believe there are heat/over-current protection elements inside. And the fact that after 3 generations (1D, 1Ds, 1DMkII), they have not changed for Li-ion, despite us users howling about the weight.

Yes...a resistor, a thermal probe and a fuse

http://pachome2.pacific.net.sg/~kamwai/npe3-upgrade.jpg

espn said:
I think might be because 1D and 1Ds and 1D MKII using the same batteries, for upgraders it would be a better breeze?

Not really a good reason. They can use the same exterior and replace the NiMH inside with Li-ion for higher capacity and some weight savings. Unless they can't get it to 12V (i doubt it).

Sleepless said:
vthian, you just posted 2 4MBs Bitmap images. Its more than 8MBs of downloading... Hope you can resize those images, some people may not be running on broadband yet. And besides, you're hotlinking from the original site. :nono: I know you have a kind intention, but ppl who are really interested will immediately click on the link even before scrolling down. ;)

:)

you mean, megabit, or megabyte?

last checked, each photo is at about 200KByte only. :nono:

Man! With 8.3 MPx my laptop is gonna throw in the towel anytime soon... Trying to imagine what my laptop will do when it sees this 16+ MPx image! :bigeyes:

sehsuan said:
you mean, megabit, or megabyte?

last checked, each photo is at about 200KByte only. :nono:

Sehsuan, the glass-shattering poster of the 1Ds MKII must've stolen tons of bandwidth from the website, so they have reduced the size of the images over at their side already...hehe. I got the original files at around 4mb each...for keepsake...since I won't be able to own one.

Incredible machine. ;)

oh, so there was a bigger still version earlier on?

there's just too much hoohaa about the equipment these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.