Canon 1D selling at IT Show for $9999

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought a 35mm f2 at AP today.

Asked for a D30 to test it out. Apparently they're out of stock. Steven says to let me try it out with the EOS 1D (with a gleam in his eye and the KER-CHING! of a cash register ringing in his head).

Man, that camera rocks! 35 AF points, which light up in red depending on where you're focused. There's a sense of urgency when you press the shutter. Did not try the 8fps shooting, but that would make, um, 80 photos in 10 seconds of shooting.

After I wiped my drool off the camera, I returned it. It's just too darn BIG. Like hiding behind the armour plate of a WW2 AA gun. Going street shooting with the 1D is like killing an ant with a bazooka. The only pictures I'll get would be the frightened faces of people looking back as they run away.

"For you, special price", he said, then entered a 4-figure sum into the calculator. Tempting. I told him I would go rob my grandmother and come back in a week.

Haha.. rob granny.. wah lau.. wat type of grandson are you? you should at least rob your granddad before ur granny wat..

p.s: rob both and give me half.. then i can also get the camera.

Hi

better don't let langzi hear any of these......at least not when he can take better photos with his 50mm! :devil:

Originally posted by willyfoo

Hey... I thought you are supposed to help Violett hold me back?!?!

hehehe....maybe violett will come by and lock or delete this thread.....:gbounce:

Originally posted by StreetShooter
Bought a 35mm f2 at AP today.

great lens isn't it? ;)
be sure to get the hood for it as well, if you haven't done so.
the whole package is small and compact and perfect for street shooting....

Originally posted by Red Dawn

great lens isn't it? ;)

How you know he is looking to use it for street shooting? Just because his name is Street Shooter? Stop jumping to conclusions. Seeing as he was lusting after the EOS1D, he's clearly a sports pro like myself, so in which case, the 35/2 lens was a Really Bad Buy (TM).

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Originally posted by willyfoo
Went to the IT Show at Suntec today and saw it selling for $9999!!!!

BUY BUY BUY.....u will get 200 lucky draw coupons to fill in.....and have a chance to win $10000 cash price

which mean u can get your dream DSLR for FREE!!!

Originally posted by Goose

hehehe....maybe violett will come by and lock or delete this thread.....:gbounce:

keke.. No lah.. I'm not that bad lah..

I'll leave the decision to him.. If things don't go well, you must come and $upport u$ if you see u$ performing @ MRT tunnel .. keke ;) :D

Originally posted by Jed

How you know he is looking to use it for street shooting? Just because his name is Street Shooter? Stop jumping to conclusions. Seeing as he was lusting after the EOS1D, he's clearly a sports pro like myself, so in which case, the 35/2 lens was a Really Bad Buy (TM).

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Actually I was going to use it for nature photography in the Antarctic (my next Nat Geog assignment). Nothing like coming up close enough to a polar bear to get the perspective I need. I may even use my 20mm...

great lens isn't it? ;)

Forgot about the hood. Will pop back in to get it one of these days. How much did you pay for yours?

By the way, if you're REALLY interested, I was quoted a price for the 1D significantly less than $9999 - convert two of the 9's to zeroes.

Forgot about the hood. Will pop back in to get it one of these days. How much did you pay for yours?

By the way, if you're REALLY interested, I was quoted a price for the 1D significantly less than $9999 - convert two of the 9's to zeroes.

i can't remember how much i paid for it. :(
can't even remember where i got mine (not from John 3:16, though the lens is from them...)

however, if u're getting one, make sure u get the Mark II version - the one with inline velvet padding on the inside.

the 1D price sounds very interesting. VERY interesting indeed :devil:

i'm just surprised you can find 1Ds lying around in AP or the IT show (which pro goes to IT shows to see cameras?) - i've read on dpreview.com the massive shortage of 1Ds to go around, and here we have in Singapore, 1Ds at places where they will most likely never be sold..............

the 1D price sounds very interesting. VERY interesting indeed :devil:

i'm just surprised you can find 1Ds lying around in AP or the IT show (which pro goes to IT shows to see cameras?) - i've read on dpreview.com the massive shortage of 1Ds to go around, and here we have in Singapore, 1Ds at places where they will most likely never be sold..............

Huh? "never be sold"?
With people like Red Dawn around...what you mean "never be sold"?

Don't just read about it, BUY it! (tm)

:devil:

err.... $0099 ?

or $9009 ? funny number.... I think it is $9090 is it ?

Originally posted by Jed
How about $9.090?

I'll buy 50 of them from you at GBP100.00!

I can't get them at any price... they're in short supply here remember!

Man, that camera rocks! 35 AF points, which light up in red depending on where you're focused. There's a sense of urgency when you press the shutter. Did not try the 8fps shooting, but that would make, um, 80 photos in 10 seconds of shooting.
Errmmm.. dun mean to be nit-picky... but it is 45 AF points, not 35.. :p

willy and violett, were you outside Cathay Photo just now? Thought I pass by both of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.