Cannon service center broke my lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look, I advise against taking the extreme stand ..... appreciate that honesty and go middle of road instead ..... offer $100+ (dont know what you OK with) for a BRAND new lens replacement w/warranty (or maybe half or 1/3 or 1/4 of what a brand new lens outside costs) ...... which, I hope you agree, is still a whole lot better than a 5 year old cleaned up older lens

what if they dun allow the counter offer? and are firm with the $300 price???

the quote is 120

Then you should be paying 120 and they should be returning you back a 75 to 300mm lens:)
new or not, that's really not the point, they should be responsible for damages, not you.

Hi Folks ,

I manage to get my old lens back and pay 150 for the new lens...

Hi Folks ,

Quote $120 and yet paid $150? :dunno:

Hi Folks ,

sound good tat they lowered the price... show us a picture of ur old broken lens... flickr pls, my office com can't go into blog or photobucket :sweat:

anyway thanks for all the advice from your folks . If not I will not manage to get it.

well, i'm glad u managed to get it sorted out.
what i'm concerned abt is will this set a precedent?
i mean in the 1st place, they broke yr lens and nw u have to pay to upgrade?
where is the customer service?
canon is a big reputable company, i'm sure finding a new piece of lens n replacing it for u is not impossible.
really food for thought.

sound good tat they lowered the price... show us a picture of ur old broken lens... flickr pls, my office com can't go into blog or photobucket :sweat:

I REALLY HATE to say good things on Canon behalf ...... but hey, you have to admit that they were honest and forthcoming with you about damaging your lens while repairing it.

If this was what happened, I applaud CSC for honesty.

They could have easily told you that your own wear and tear caused the lens to become like this and their arse luck that the jalopy broke when they touched it .... after all, its a 5 year old item and who knows what hell you've been putting it through etc etc ..... but they did not give you any of this kind of BS

Look, I advise against taking the extreme stand ..... appreciate that honesty and go middle of road instead ..... offer $100+ (dont know what you OK with) for a BRAND new lens replacement w/warranty (or maybe half or 1/3 or 1/4 of what a brand new lens outside costs) ...... which, I hope you agree, is still a whole lot better than a 5 year old cleaned up older lens

Like to take a look on the broken parts...wear and tear of old lens or just the canon staff.

thats the problem in today society , we always have to pay for others people mistake, say NO. see how.but if u think the new lens u like, than half the price lor. pity the serviceman and to teach csc guy a lesson.u can alway go higher authority. or the press, etc

you can see it this way...... the original cost (before Canon broke it) was supposed to be $120 ...... you paid $120 plus $30 more to get a clean (actually no need to clean, its new) and brand-new 5 years younger lens with USM some more (you have the older non-USM model i assume?).... AND still get to keep your old lens (can use it for spare parts ) thats fair

Enjoy your shooting ! :)

Last edited:
Hi Folks ,

Quote $120 and yet paid $150? :dunno:

Not bad already...spend the 30 bucks, spare the trouble...it's time to look for a repair expert liaoz...or you can customized it as your very own lens mug if it's really beyond salvage... :)

Last edited:
If this happen to me, I will kick up such a big storm that it reach their head office in Japan.

it's ok already...I think $150 is reasonable for a new lens and get your old lens back. But I am very suprised when JimChan initially asked for a price cut they refuse to give him. now that he is insistent.. they cut it down by 50%!!!

that's really a thing to look upon.. can u imagine that the price can be so low? makes me wonder how much canon is earning from sales and more importantly how much they should value their customers whom are buying their products. It's time CSC should buck up..

Status
Not open for further replies.