Cannon service center broke my lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
record and youtube it lol

Well, if its indeed fungus, then perhaps tell 'em that you're only willing to pay for the cleaning charges.

Tell them to return your old lens (original state when sent in).

any recommandation? they keep sms me that my new lens have arrive and tell me to collect .

Ignore that message, dont respone to the collection of lens. Insist that you want them to pay you back in cost of the lens or a new lens.

from your side of the story, what canon service centre said is illogical. could you have heard wrongly? i dont think anyone in the right mind will make that comment. if they really broke the cover and it is beyond economical repair, the usual practice is to offer you a discounted purchase. demanding for a new lens is too much. but you could negotiate a deal for a much cheaper lens. i believe canon can do better than offering you 100+ dollars off.

Well, if its indeed fungus, then perhaps tell 'em that you're only willing to pay for the cleaning charges.

Agreed

Go find manager, n speak in front of the rest of the customer.

Start why u send in the lens ...............

so u mean is reasonable to get it from them at 300

from your side of the story, what canon service centre said is illogical. could you have heard wrongly? i dont think anyone in the right mind will make that comment. if they really broke the cover and it is beyond economical repair, the usual practice is to offer you a discounted purchase. demanding for a new lens is too much. but you could negotiate a deal for a much cheaper lens. i believe canon can do better than offering you 100+ dollars off.

yup, what is a few hundred dollars compared to reputation built for decades...

1st when u send there and they check (while checking) and accidently broke it
or after sending the item to the servicing (in process of servicing) and the broke it?

If it is 1st one... claim from the staff who handle ur lens, if it is the 2nd one claim the CANON. They are support to responsible on ALL product they are repairing, it is CANON problem that the lens model is no longer in production. They should replay you with silmlier lens size or value and this is totally WITHOUT any TOPUP fee. It is a customer right to ask for it, if they dont do so you can report this to CASE on this kind of issue.

*I have the same case with my Imac (Apple) (about 4yrs old), send for repair and in the end they drop the whole laptop. It is abit beyond repair and when the laptop was showed to me i thought it was someone elses laptop. They wanna to compansate me with only $200 and they will not charge me for this repair fee. I feel that it is so unacceptable as i can say i well keep my laptop very well. In the end i went to CASE it took me awhile to get a new Imac. Getting back the $$$ is abit hard but so long that they replace me with a NEW same product i am more than happy to take it up.

If you are asking if the price is reasonable for a 75-300, perhaps it is.

If you are asking if you should be made to pay for a new 75-300, it is not.

These are two different issues.

Last edited:
it is in the progress of servicing

Like someone say, I would only pay for what the charges on for my lens service. definately not the 300.

If TS broke the lens himself then it is logical.

You dun broke ppl thing and still ask money from him right.

Who said it was reasonable, everyone is telling you to go back and talk to them to get compensation.

From the first post up to here, you only want ppl to tell you yes it's worth it. Like some others have mentioned, I think you've agreed to buy it at $300, and now just want others to affirm your decision.

mmmmmm.... than i go back there are neg again with them . tell them to lower the price ...

Stand up for yourself, don't be so soft.

You are not paying 300 for that new lens. You are paying the value of your old lens AND 300 for the new lens. That new lens street price is also only around $300.

Don't let them push you around.

Thanks for all who advice me. :)

Dont sound logic to me. Big company can bully small individual like that?:nono:

RRP is $429. $300 is probably still above canon cost. Canon can still make a profit breaking your lens!!

it is in the progress of servicing

u keep asking if 300 is worth it:sweat: weird!

just walk up to csc, tell them its u jokers who broke my lens.
then if all else fails, i suggest u shld approach CASE to see if anything else can be done.
good luck to u:thumbsup:

They should replay you with silmlier lens size or value and this is totally WITHOUT any TOPUP fee.

:thumbsup:
They are being unfair by giving the TS only $100+ discount. They should consider the value of the lens when the TS first bought it, not the current lens value and mark it down since it's out of production or outdated because it doesn't have USM or those type of stuff.

They should replace the lens with the equivalent lens (newer version) with minimal or no top up. Asking the TS to pay $300 is too much, they broke the lens, the TS did not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.