can not do a search within Yahoo Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

hongsien

Mar 11, 2002
Hong Kong
Visit site
Am I the only one who recently can not do a search within my Yahoo Mail? Tried Safari and Firefox, both no success :-(, have contacted Yahoo but no reply......

Now I have to sift through each page to find certain mails.......

Hong Sien

Argh. What do you mean by "no success"? Outline what you did and the unexpected results.

Argh. What do you mean by "no success"? Outline what you did and the unexpected results.
Lets say I am in my Mail inbox:

I do a 'search mail' for some mail I received in the recent past, and type in a name of a person that sends me mails regularly.........(those mails ARE in the inbox). I get a 0 search result.

Search Results

Sorry. We didn't find any results matching the following criteria:

• containing the search term: leung
You might want to:
  • Broaden your search by using fewer search terms
  • Check your spelling
  • Try using different words that mean the same thing

Mark as Unread Mark as Read Flag for Follow Up Clear Flag [New folder]InboxAdvertentie-feedbackBEAaccountBook1-Pricelist-HKBubblingwellAddressCanon-ParallelimportCompactdrive-KoreaCornevanIperenDICOMEDDarlene-ArchiProjectEMS-SingpostExcell-thinkfreeFujinon not paidHK Shops Bank AccountsHotel-UnotelGuangzhouINDIAImagesJapanCameraPricesJeansHandbagsLLT-company-SGLightroomMFdigitalbackMSN addressesMissing Asia milesMovingCompQuotesNIEUWE ORDERS-NA 8 OCTNew Nikon D200-18-200mmNick-owing-F2HNieuwsteBestellingNot receivedOrders sentPayments-FotoappRoadRunnerAWSA 55mm RolleiSIGMA japan emailShen Hao-PricesSie-artikelSigma 105 returned DennySingtel-FREESMSSioeSkypeSoftwareUpdatesStefanoContax120mmTokyoHotelMotelUPSUPS-account-BubblingwellUPSTripleT-formsXKmotorbatterypackZorkendorferarabidopsisasiacamera-websiteasiamilesbofotodannytanfoodbiotechfotografiehk-businesshk-housinghk-japansearchhk-singpriceshorseman6x9internpostalmojobs-sitesliere-g2lopende-adsmoneybookersnarapalmVx batterypaypalphotographers-sitespolitics-alternativeregistration-Passwordsschneider-LFsonnenscheintravelwebsite-Shadowplayworldperkszonnet
Email messages that matched your search query
flag_colhead_2.gif
SenderSubjectDateFolderNo messages
Mark as Unread Mark as Read Flag for Follow Up Clear Flag

Sorry, the last list of words were not in the result page...don't know where they come from.......only copied up to 'No Messages'

HS

maybe the sql engine was down/maxed out at the time you were trying to do a search. Try searching again a little later and see if you have the same problem.

maybe the sql engine was down/maxed out at the time you were trying to do a search. Try searching again a little later and see if you have the same problem.
have not been able to search inside my mail for the past week.......

HS

I would suggest trying a search on another computer other than your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.