Can Minolta SLR lens for DSLR ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

killerbee

Dec 27, 2009
Hi Guys,

I am a newbie in this forum, and i would like to change my old SLR camera to DSLR but would like to seek advice from the fellow member here on the following;

Since i have alot of accessories and lens for my old Minolta SLR DYNAX 5xi , i am thinking if i am able to use back all the accessories like lens and flash if i bought a new Minolta or Sony DSLR since i know Sony and Minolta has already combined as a same company?

Many thanks for your advice in adavnce.
cheers

Last edited:
Hello...welcome.

Yes, you can use your existing lenses on a Konica Minolta or Sony DSLR. Only if you're using a MC/MD mount lens, then you would require an adapter otherwise you can mount directly to the cam.

Hi Guys,

I am a newbie in this forum, and i would like to change my old SLR camera to DSLR but would like to seek advice from the fellow member here on the following;

Since i have alot of accessories and lens for my old Minolta SLR DYNAX 5xi , i am thinking if i am able to use back all the accessories like lens and flash if i bought a new Minolta or Sony DSLR since i know Sony and Minolta has already combined as a same company?

Many thanks for your advice in adavnce.
cheers

Dynax 5xi is using Alpha mount, so ur AF lens will work perfectly.

Flash depends on model, some will work perfectly, while others might work with some drawbacks like no auto mode, fires at full power etc. So u might wanna provide us with yr flash model.

Hello...welcome.

Yes, you can use your existing lenses on a Konica Minolta or Sony DSLR. Only if you're using a MC/MD mount lens, then you would require an adapter otherwise you can mount directly to the cam.

Hi Bro,

thanks for your reply and advice. So does that mean that i can use my existing Minolta / Sigma and tokina lens for any of the Konica Minolta or Sony DSLR camera in the market now ?

Hi Bro,

thanks for your reply and advice. So does that mean that i can use my existing Minolta / Sigma and tokina lens for any of the Konica Minolta or Sony DSLR camera in the market now ?

Yes bro, any lens that is working on your Dynax 5xi will work on the KM/Sony DSLRs.

Status
Not open for further replies.