Can iPhone really take over the job of DSLR one day?

I remember you commented the package they took is very cheap right?

and I think your memory is failing, you said is D80, how come now downgrade to D70?

anyway, you kena whack in the thread, is because you look down at the photographer because of what equipment he use on that day, more than his working attitude.

FYI, when I shoot weddings on film, I bring two bodies, 30 rolls of film, but most of the time only used up 10-12 rolls,

when I shoot with D70, I also bring two bodies.

My point is, whatever you use, you need to know your gears well, and well prepare.

How can they use d70 for wedding shoot .. Very poor quality

And mess up his wedding? Nah...

And like others say, haven't seen the output (at that point), justifiable to make noise? In fact, after the photos were delivered, the couple themselves made noise about the output.

So what exactly is the objective of your bad mouthing? It's THEIR wedding. If they aren't happy THEY will make noise as they have done so. It's hardly your place to slam someone and even tell others you think he/she is not capable even before you have seen the pics. You claim you haven't seen the output yet so didn't make noise yet you pre-judged him based on the equipment he used, didn't you?

So what exactly is the objective of your bad mouthing? It's THEIR wedding. If they aren't happy THEY will make noise as they have done so. It's hardly your place to slam someone and even tell others you think he/she is not capable even before you have seen the pics. You claim you haven't seen the output yet so didn't make noise yet you pre-judged him based on the equipment he used, didn't you?

Alamak... Say also cannot. Ok lor. By the way, I did not slam anyone - I did not reveal name of company.

Last edited:
you are referring to me or UncleFai's wife's brother's pre wedding photographer? he is D80 btw.

when I was using D70 shooting weddings, that was the latest and most popular DSLR at that time

anyway, that depends on who is using it, don't be surprise D700 can also deliver crap photos.

Beat_Dead_Horse.jpg

wedding photos is for wedding couple,
so if you can know what kinds of wedding photos will make them tick, and you can provide why they want, wedding couples book you straight away.

does your wedding couples care about what camera and lenses you use? if yes, than buy the cameras and lenses that make them tick.

does your wedding couples only want cheap and good? if yes, be the cheapest photographer in town.

the list can just go on and on, so just go and find out what your wedding couple want.

If there is a way to vote your post, I will vote it as the top ten most shallow post of all time.

Take a look at this article:
What

Kevin Kubota, world renowned top ten wedding photographers of the world, use a D70 as second body in 2006.

Even in 2009, he uses a D90 for the second body.
What's in the bag mister? — The Kevin Kubota and Kubota Image Tools Blog

You want to judge other people by equipment, other is going to judge yours.

Looking at your equipment listed in your signature, very mediocre also.

you are referring to me or UncleFai's wife's brother's pre wedding photographer? he is D80 btw.

when I was using D70 shooting weddings, that was the latest and most popular DSLR at that time

anyway, that depends on who is using it, don't be surprise D700 can also deliver crap photos.

Oh I better clarify. Only the pre-wedding shoot. Package has no photographer during the wedding. Sorry for the confusion.

nobody is going to say "which camera you take this photo with?" when they see nice photo. except gear heads who think getting great gear is the only way to getting nice photo.

whats so bad about the D70 may i ask? I used it for 8 years when i started on the digital route. During that time, all the pros i met never had a bad word about this cam.

nobody is going to say "which camera you take this photo with?" when they see nice photo. except gear heads who think getting great gear is the only way to getting nice photo.
sadly most photographers will not admit this, and we can see some many people pursuit better and newer gears instead of polish up their skills everyday.

sadly most photographers will not admit this, and we can see some many people pursuit better and newer gears instead of polish up their skills everyday.

For photographers especially hobbyists like me, I agree with you.

However, for pros, unless you have a big reputation with you, you have to have some "window dressing". Today, DSLRs/cameras are so prevalent that even a non-photographer knows what is "pro-looking" equipment and what is not. If you are in the business, you have to at least "look" the part. Just my 2 cents... I am of course not in the business.

For photographers especially hobbyists like me, I agree with you.

However, for pros, unless you have a big reputation with you, you have to have some "window dressing". Today, DSLRs/cameras are so prevalent that even a non-photographer knows what is "pro-looking" equipment and what is not. If you are in the business, you have to at least "look" the part. Just my 2 cents... I am of course not in the business.

yes, most people will see what is "pro-looking" equipment, so rush into upgrading their "hardware" but not their "software",
but we all know even the most awesome "computer" will not show it full potential without any appropriate "software".

when we have some advance and powerful "software", we will need to upgrade our "computer" accordingly, else, we can't make full use of the "software" we have.

so for working photographers, getting reliable, suitable gear come naturally, and the gears will just make their life easier and bring out their best.

back to the original post about using iphone to shoot weddings,
have any of you ever thought about why the wedding couples want their wedding photos to be shot with iphone?

this photographer clearly understand that, so he able to find the right wedding couples hiring him.

so what if you also want to shoot weddings with iphone, are you try to convince your wedding couple this is an "in" thing? or finding customers looking for wedding photos that close to their heart?

Even if it does catch up with the current dslr technology, but when u thought u r going to have the perfect shot....

Surprise phone call from dearest mommy!

Even if it does catch up with the current dslr technology, but when u thought u r going to have the perfect shot....

Surprise phone call from dearest mommy!

LOL,

what makes you think if a wedding photographer using iphone to shoot weddings, he will be using the one and only iphone he has, won't be to risky that his rivals will call him during a wedding shoot purposely?

LOL,

what makes you think if a wedding photographer using iphone to shoot weddings, he will be using the one and only iphone he has, won't be to risky that his rivals will call him during a wedding shoot purposely?

Maybe take out wrong iPhone? Or 'budget photographer' n thus only got one iPhone... :p