Can a newbie give comments on pics as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

franciskc

Jan 17, 2002
Earth
A newbie like me maybe tawkin craps and still learning the chicken hair about photography. As i criticise pics in the forum i may be tawkin craps and pls correct me as i am wrong. But does any one in this forum will get unhappy of irrelevant craps from a newbie? Just curious......:dent:

Originally posted by franciskc
A newbie like me maybe tawkin craps and still learning the chicken hair about photography. As i criticise pics in the forum i may be tawkin craps and pls correct me as i am wrong. But does any one in this forum will get unhappy of irrelevant craps from a newbie? Just curious......:dent:
Well, I didn't complain right! If you crap I just ignore loh, the Gurus will step in also. ;)

Yah, some people may not like it, just don't be too harsh loh. Friendly advise is usually acceptable by everyone. Even if the person want to defend his/her view point alos defend more moderately loh.:)

Originally posted by franciskc

As long as the intention of how to improve an image is done in a sincere way...

In short, we need to learn to comment not for the 'sake of commenting'...i.e. I just don't like your image...don't ask me why; I just feel something is wrong ;)

i feel newbie's honest opinions hold alot of weight too. becos a newbie is not affected by technical stuffs and psychological. To a newbie, a photo is either good or no good.
This is just like in hi end audio.

I think to get comments on your photo, best is to hear comments fr both experts and newbies. i.e get comments fr everybody.

Am i talking crap?

Originally posted by yurona
i feel newbie's honest opinions hold alot of weight too. becos a newbie is not affected by technical stuffs and psychological. To a newbie, a photo is either good or no good.
This is just like in hi end audio.

I think to get comments on your photo, best is to hear comments fr both experts and newbies. i.e get comments fr everybody.

Am i talking crap?
I think so. :bsmilie: (just kidding)

I think Hi end Hi Fi is even more personal, not just good or no good (if I understand you correctly). Some people like Magna planar (not sure how to spell) for clarity, some say Martin Logan sound is very airy that you won't know where it come from but other prefer Genesis because a set of speakers cost you 6 digit hole in your wallet.

I went with a friend for audition on a $3000 to $4000 pair of speaker. He like it and claim it value for money for such a warm sound. I like the sound but find it too expansive not worth the money and not so warm. He insisted that it is very warm sound. At the end he insist that I can't appreciate the sound, call me a low end audiofile. So I fed-up and give up HiFi and take up photography!

Yes, I do agree that comment from newbie sometimes may give a refreshing new dimension even though sometimes it may be a bit crap. After all, I AM A NEWBIE Too. So Listen To Me!!!:bsmilie:

Not-good comments:-
"Brudder, you kok-eye ah. Take what foto, head cannot see, leg oso cannot see. Go back kampung lah dun waste film and battery"

Okay comments:-
"Nice. Like the color. Where you shoot?"

Good comments:-
"Very nice use of the rule of thirds. You have placed the subject where it gives the most impact given the limitations of the environment."

Arty-Farty comments:-
"Absolutely flawless use of white space to contrast the piquant color of the subject thereby offsetting the out-of-focus hilites (good bokeh, by the way) and rendering a totally monochromatic subject with an imbued sense of balance and motion."

Status
Not open for further replies.