Can 350D charger be used in Japan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowfax

Dec 15, 2005
Can the Canon 350D battery charger (CB-2LTE) be used in Japan?
Input: 100V-240V; AC50/60Hz.

Just wanna be very sure.
Canon service centre is closed so can't check.

Can the Canon 350D battery charger (CB-2LTE) be used in Japan?
Input: 100V-240V; AC50/60Hz.

Just wanna be very sure.
Canon service centre is closed so can't check.
... and what is the voltage in Japan? why don't you just google and find out ... rather than depending on others to spoon fed you?

think! millions of business travellers with universal voltage 100-240V laptops travelling around the world, any problems?

what on earth are you talking about "current mismatch"?

christ, just go and ahoot, get some nice snap shots ...

think! millions of business travellers with universal voltage 100-240V laptops travelling around the world, any problems?

what on earth are you talking about "current mismatch"?

christ, just go and ahoot, get some nice snap shots ...

Think! If I had knew, I wouldn't have asked right? It's Christ and not christ by the way. Why do u like to invite people to flame you? :dunno:

Of course I had already done some preliminary checks before this.

I had checked the JNTO website yesterday, only Voltage & Frequency stated. Nothing was mentioned about "CURRENT".
http://www.jnto.go.jp/eng/arrange/essential/electricity.html

or http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2225.html

Just wanna be sure that's all, what if there's a current mismatch?
Anyone helpful souls, care to share?

Just go plug it in, your charger is a travel charger aka international everywhere charger unless u go plug in a 2 phase supply... which i dun understand how u will... and without confusing u... u better go plug it in your home to charge your batts now.

Your info - Input: 100V-240V; AC50/60Hz.
It is the only info that matters. It means you charger is multivoltage. Can use in many countries. Including Japan.

Worry about current consupmtion ? Battery charger takes very little current. Nothing to worry.

Just go plug it in, your charger is a travel charger aka international everywhere charger unless u go plug in a 2 phase supply... which i dun understand how u will... and without confusing u... u better go plug it in your home to charge your batts now.

Thank you so much, appreciate that..... a True CS.

Trust me it will work. Have brought all sorts of chargers there before. BTW, japan does NOT use the Singapore 3pin plugs. I travel a lot so I think Japan is similar to US but just in case, bring the EU adaptor as well

Most chargers will work in almost ALL countries. No need to ask in future unless you are going to rarely visited countries (for Singaporeans) like Bulgaria or Gabon etc.

Trust me it will work. Have brought all sorts of chargers there before. BTW, japan does NOT use the Singapore 3pin plugs. I travel a lot so I think Japan is similar to US but just in case, bring the EU adaptor as well

Most chargers will work in almost ALL countries. No need to ask in future unless you are going to rarely visited countries (for Singaporeans) like Bulgaria or Gabon etc.

ya remember to bring adaptor...

but your 2nd part need to prove... not most chargers will work in all countries... better check before plugging.

Even for countries in the easten europe block... the charges can be use as long as u can plug it in. The chargers that come with most if not all camera even if its a point n shoot will be usable in all countries. batteries wont fry... but maybe they will explode? :bsmilie:

Am using the 350d charger for the NB-2Ls in Japan now. No problems, so don`t worry. The only thing is that it takes damn long to charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.