Camera vs Facial Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

marco

Oct 24, 2005
hi all...

i bet many of you will experience having the part of the camera (esp SLRs) that you put against your cheek and nose becoming very oily during shoots. this can be on the LCD, camera body or even over the buttons.

Q1.
will this oil seep through the buttons and in the long run affect the electronics in the camera?

Q2.
how do each one of you who face this situation overcome this problem?

thanx.

Unless ur face is like an oil barrel, I think u can wipe it off easily?

Firstly, install an LCD protector. Then, whenever you have any downtime between shoots, wipe away the oil smears. I don't think the average human being would produce that much oil in a day that would cause damage. If anyone allows such an accumulation, that's more disgusting than anything else.

At the end of every shoot, I'll inspect and do simple, basic cleaning before I send it to the dry-cab.

thnx bros... but i guess haven't heard of anything that even covers the buttons too right? for example 'da Protector?

err .. i think the oil will only get on the button surface .. surely you'd have wiped it off when chimping (or checking your pics on the LCD) ...if u manage to generate enough oil to kill the electronics in side ... Nikon might be so impressed they may replace it for you .. hahah ... then again .. the US may try and kidnap you to help generate oil for them .. =X

good one dude...

marco said:
hi all...

i bet many of you will experience having the part of the camera (esp SLRs) that you put against your cheek and nose becoming very oily during shoots. this can be on the LCD, camera body or even over the buttons.

Q1.
will this oil seep through the buttons and in the long run affect the electronics in the camera?

Q2.

thanx.

Bro,

I seriously think that you worried too much! Go out and shoot more and I believe that you will enjoyed Photography even more.
Dun worry too much about equipments.
FYI, I use my T-Shirts to clean my filters, I dun even have a lens cap on my lens all the time.

I suggest attack at the source i.e. the face.

Look at wife's cabinet, I think you would find things like face lemon refresher, astringent, blackhead remover, pore treatment, cleanser etc. etc.

You'll have an oil-less camera body and a cleaner, softer and smoother skin. :lovegrin:

Sion said:
I suggest attack at the source i.e. the face.

Look at wife's cabinet, I think you would find things like face lemon refresher, astringent, blackhead remover, pore treatment, cleanser etc. etc.

You'll have an oil-less camera body and a cleaner, softer and smoother skin. :lovegrin:

maybe to top it off.. he should also guard his camera using espn's patent pending bah zhang design... and maybe espn can opt for another patent whereby the bahzhang leaf have 1 internal layer of blotter...

XXX Boy said:
Bro,

I seriously think that you worried too much! Go out and shoot more and I believe that you will enjoyed Photography even more.
Dun worry too much about equipments.
FYI, I use my T-Shirts to clean my filters, I dun even have a lens cap on my lens all the time.

leica somemore....:thumbsup:

marco said:
hi all...

Q1.

Q2.

thanx.

cover cheek and nose with gaffer tape when out shooting.... get camouflage ones if u wanna look like a sniper, get skin tone ones if u want to look natural.. good brand gaffer tape wont leave sticky residue on face.. :bigeyes:

Maybe we are fussing over nothing?

If the face oil doesn't do any damage to the face, surely it won't harm the back of a titanium camera?

There is a handy face refresher pack in the market similar to the one they give out in KFC to clean your hands. Give your face a regular wipe then your camera back will be refreshingly oil free.

Again, please check wife's cabinet as they may be some you could steal.

Another quick fix is to powder your nose regularly.

:bsmilie:

actually there is a design solution to this.. and provide weatherproof protection against it...

hahha.. cant tell u guys coz i am designing it.. maybe will due for mass production soon... hahahaa..... and knock protections, and u all will say goodbye to gaffer tapes when u all see what i have designed.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

glennyong said:
actually there is a design solution to this.. and provide weatherproof protection against it...

hahha.. cant tell u guys coz i am designing it.. maybe will due for mass production soon... hahahaa..... and knock protections, and u all will say goodbye to gaffer tapes when u all see what i have designed.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

u designed a condom for the camera?

Memorise all ur buttons. GAffer everywhere. HAhahahah.

Sion said:
Maybe we are fussing over nothing?

If the face oil doesn't do any damage to the face, surely it won't harm the back of a titanium camera?

There is a handy face refresher pack in the market similar to the one they give out in KFC to clean your hands. Give your face a regular wipe then your camera back will be refreshingly oil free.

Again, please check wife's cabinet as they may be some you could steal.

Another quick fix is to powder your nose regularly.

:bsmilie:

If still can't absorb all the oil, stick a pad on the face :bsmilie: :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.