Camera Strap Optech or Crumpler?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Viru5

Mar 19, 2006
Which one will you recommend? or any other brands?

any model to reco ?

I own both...
Yet I still prefer Optech very good and really help to reduce the weight...:cool:

I used both before. Switch from OpTech to Crumpler Industry Disgrace. the crumpler looks cooler imho. But it's a bit troublesome because it doesn't come with the quick release snap-on buckle. So have to re-loop and un-loop everytime I use or keep in my dry cabinet. Crumpler is just as comfortable and slightly broader, better looking and better ergo.

I use both and I recommend the Op/Tech for 2 personal reasons:

1. Detachable - so i can air dry the strap without putting it in the dry cabi.
2. I can put my wrist through the strap center for security when i don't loop it round my neck.

That said, the Crumpler is way cool and cheaper :)

I had only used two 3rd Party Cameras in more then 10 yrs....and they are both OP/Tech straps. One got stolen with a camera and then other one I still am using it on my D70.

Where can I get OP/Tech straps? Which shop is better to go for? i.e. pricing and variety

Where can I get OP/Tech straps? Which shop is better to go for? i.e. pricing and variety
Cathay has quite a large selection.

Just don't take their price tags for real, ask the staff for the real price, it's usually around half the price of the price tag. Most are $25-$35 range.

i recommend Optech too.. forgot wat model... but real spongy n comfortable..

I used both before. Switch from OpTech to Crumpler Industry Disgrace. the crumpler looks cooler imho. But it's a bit troublesome because it doesn't come with the quick release snap-on buckle. So have to re-loop and un-loop everytime I use or keep in my dry cabinet. Crumpler is just as comfortable and slightly broader, better looking and better ergo.

I have both.share the same sentiments as you.:)

I saw the crumpler strap in Canon Showroom at VivoCity beside Challenger Store there with the canon word ..

Looks so cool..

i love my crumpler - way cool

I use both and I recommend the Op/Tech for 2 personal reasons:

1. Detachable - so i can air dry the strap without putting it in the dry cabi.
2. I can put my wrist through the strap center for security when i don't loop it round my neck.

That said, the Crumpler is way cool and cheaper :)

posted it somewhere before but no one ans my question. wondering if it's better to remove the strap instead of putting it in dry cabinet due to the dust and sweat accumulated on the strap

posted it somewhere before but no one ans my question. wondering if it's better to remove the strap instead of putting it in dry cabinet due to the dust and sweat accumulated on the strap
Yes, its better not to store your strap in the dry cabinet, especially a sweaty one as it will cause the humidity in the dry cabinet to rise a bit and make it work harder...

Yes, its better not to store your strap in the dry cabinet, especially a sweaty one as it will cause the humidity in the dry cabinet to rise a bit and make it work harder...

I think it's fine to store the strap inside the cabinet. If one isn't using the optech one, then wouldn't it be very tedious to re-strap before every use?

Status
Not open for further replies.