Camera Strap Optech or Crumpler?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's fine to store the strap inside the cabinet. If one isn't using the optech one, then wouldn't it be very tedious to re-strap before every use?

that's why the course he went to, the trainer actually advised him to get those strap that can be unclip easily.

that's why the course he went to, the trainer actually advised him to get those strap that can be unclip easily.

So far only the optech has this feature (i've seen). But doesn't make sense that the strap is not advisable to be placed inside the cabinet.

If you see a guy slinging his bag but with the camera strap exposed outside then it may be me..lol. After a shoot, by the time I reach home its all dried up..

got optech, but dun look nice, so changed to matin... then now dun use any straps. prefer using hand grip.

bought a lowepro one, not bad...

Bought a Optech, comfortable on neck but a pain to tie around your hand.

Martin might be a better choice for both neck and hand.

i use optech for ages now. good quality but more important, i can change the connectors around for my requirements.

Optech straps (or any neoprane strap) are better due to them being able to relieve some pressure on the contact points, giving an impression of weight reduction.

Also, the pro-loops are handy. I've slung extra connectors to my backpack straps. That way I can use the backpack's straps to handle the weight of the camera instead of using the strap.

Also, the pro-loops are handy. I've slung extra connectors to my backpack straps. That way I can use the backpack's straps to handle the weight of the camera instead of using the strap.

ditto that. good way of relieving your neck from the weight. :cool:

got optech, but dun look nice, so changed to matin... then now dun use any straps. prefer using hand grip.

bought a lowepro one, not bad...

Is there a LowePro handgrip !? Gosh ! I've been scouting around for an OEM one but could not find ! Could you advise where to get one and also the price please ?

Thanks ! :)

Is there a LowePro handgrip !? Gosh ! I've been scouting around for an OEM one but could not find ! Could you advise where to get one and also the price please ?

Thanks ! :)

OP carry some matin handgrip. bring your camera to try as some plates may block your battery compartment.

OP carry some matin handgrip. bring your camera to try as some plates may block your battery compartment.

No stock there for several weeks.... called OP until I frus.... ha... But thanks for the note ! ;)

look vs practicality...

Crumpler vs Optech

BTW I have crumpler too but I am using Lowepro Voyager C...

i personally like Matin strap, they feel comfortable,not too bulky.

Optech for me. Useful for many hours shooting. I also remove the strap before storing in dry cabinet.

reason for removing?

1) To prevent more moisture enter the dry cabinet.
2) To prevent the neoprene material from drying out too much; less elastic & harden.

am using the Kata Reflex C, spongy and comfortable, with pockets for memory cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.