Camera Shop in Melbourne

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerpalz

Dec 18, 2003
TheDaysMovie.com
Hi guys, i was thinking of bring some of my camera gear to melbourne to sell it away.
Heard from a photog saying that Camera Trade-in pricing are rather high in Melbourne compared to singapore... better pricing?? Any suggestion? or did anyone traded in their gear there b4? and which shop and address?

Gears to go:
Canon 1dsm2
Canon 1v
Canon 20D
Canonet QL17
580EX
100mm Macro
85mm F1.8
35mm F2
17-40L F4
70-200L F2.8

Nikon FM2
MD12
AFD 28mm F2.8

Yashica 35GSN

Rather is whether you will be able to find any shop that accept trade in/2nd hand.

i'm not sure of melbourne but in perth,i only manage to find 1 reputable camera shop and they only sell first hand.Other shops that sell camera stuffs are those photo labs.

The price there is high for equipment,so if they accept 2nd hand,then congrats.Provided they don't anyhow quote.:D

Go to Camera Exchange. They have it there in Melbourne. Not the one in Singapore.

I have done sold some of my old stuffs. As long as your equipments is well maintain, you will get some good price out of it. Plus the exchange rates is towards your favour.

Other than Camera Exchange, these are the camera shops in Melbourne:

- Horizon Photographic www.hp1.com.au
- Camera Lane alan22@bigpond.com.au
- Photographic Warehouse photow@tpg.com.au

Alternatively, you can alway put on Ebay Australia. Then state you allow pick up in person......maybe that way u get the best price. :thumbsup:

Good luck,
:devil:

Wow! kerpalz, you sure have a lot of gear to sell. :bigeyes: Most of them are high end stuff too!

Benign said:

Alternatively, you can alway put on Ebay Australia. Then state you allow pick up in person......maybe that way u get the best price. :thumbsup:

Good luck,

ebay got better pricing?

Benign said:

Good luck,

horizon Photographic closed down liao... :(

horizon Photographic closed down liao...

Sorry, din realise

Well, I thought selling privately would have fetch a betta price than trade in price from shops.

Coz if you can't find a buyer for ur equipments....u can alway sell to the shops right?

I normally sell my stuffs in this classified: http://www.tradingpost.com.au/

Status
Not open for further replies.