Camera Recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcfire

Jan 6, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

I'm looking for a camera and would like to get some recommendations from the forumers here. I would like to get a small camera, preferbly compact/ultra compact, at least 5megapix, with at least 3x optical zoom. Also, average to good video capabilities are a must, with no restrictions on the length of the clips other than the storage media.
I'm not particular with brands so hope to get some recommendations. Thanx in advance.

Arcfire said:
Hi,

I'm looking for a camera and would like to get some recommendations from the forumers here. I would like to get a small camera, preferbly compact/ultra compact, at least 5megapix, with at least 3x optical zoom. Also, average to good video capabilities are a must, with no restrictions on the length of the clips other than the storage media.
I'm not particular with brands so hope to get some recommendations. Thanx in advance.

How about an Ixus???

do look at Panasonic TZ1, tho not as compact as canon isus series, but it offers superior 10x zoom with zooming ability during video mode. :thumbsup:

fuji f30. high ISo capabilities, 3x zoom, unlimited video, fast response. what more can one ask for :)

Hoky said:
How about an Ixus???

Umm.... Which one? There's just too many models in the market to choose from.... To me the video capabilities are more important than the photography functions thou i still want some flexibilty eg. manual modes etc.

Arcfire said:
Umm.... Which one? There's just too many models in the market to choose from.... To me the video capabilities are more important than the photography functions thou i still want some flexibilty eg. manual modes etc.

Ixus 800 IS would be nice.

6.0 megapixels
4x optical zoom
Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS)
ISO 800
Record movies continuously up to a max. of 1 GB or 60mins
Approx. 4x digital zooming while shooting of movies

I recommend the Ixus coz it's sleek and compact.
Would complement an DSLR anytime.

Hoky said:
Ixus 800 IS would be nice.

6.0 megapixels
4x optical zoom
Optical Image Stabilizer (OIS)
ISO 800
Record movies continuously up to a max. of 1 GB or 60mins
Approx. 4x digital zooming while shooting of movies

I recommend the Ixus coz it's sleek and compact.
Would complement an DSLR anytime.

So the video recording is limited to a max of 60 mins irregardless of memory availability?

Me thinking to get this too, but prefer one that can start wider at 28mm :confused:

Isaiahfortythirtyone said:
fuji f30. high ISo capabilities, 3x zoom, unlimited video, fast response. what more can one ask for :)

Arcfire said:
Hi,

Either Nikon Coolpix P4 or Panasonic LX2.

Status
Not open for further replies.