Calvin Tan shoots with you at fred'sfotoart

Status
Not open for further replies.

reachme2003

Oct 6, 2003
Programme update on 20 January 2004.

I have clearance to release details now. With this update, previous registration details are superseded. However, those who had made full payment, you have been registered.

The photographer who will lead the programme is Mr. Calvin Tan. The venue will be at fred's fotoart, 66 Tannery Lane, #05-07 Sindo Building, Singapore.

Those who were at Stanley's recently met Calvin who presented an overview of advertising and commercial photography, including his portfolios. I believe that they walked away impressed with his passion for sharing.
Calvin has been in the industry for 8 years. He had lectured on photography at La Salle.

To sign up for the programme, registration with full payment of $95.00 is required. Programme will accept 15 participants only, on a first come first serve basis. This payment will be fully refunded if and when the programme is cancelled due to insufficient participants or to factors beyong our control.

Details:
Date: Sunday, 1 February 2004
Time: 9am to 1pm
Venue: fred'sfotoart, 66 Tannery Lane, #05-07 Sindo Building

A highlight of the programme will be an opportunity to engage a live model in a photoshoot. Calvin will demonstrate estethic as well as technical considerations in orchestrating the shoot. Shoot will be guidance led and one participant at a time.

For further information on registration or if you have queries, please PM me here. Thank you for your support and looking forward to hear from you.

Wishing you and your family abundance, good fortune and great health in the lunar new year.

rolzink said:
Any other date besides 1 Feb? Im interested but I'm celebrating Hari Raya Haji on that day. Do update me of any other date. Thanks!

Thank you for your interest. I am sorry that our programme coincided with Hari Raya. We do not have other date/s at the moment.

Hi,
I was one of the participants at Stanley recently and Calvin Tan gave a thorough introduction about his works and profession. All I can say is...

Power.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

But I am really looking forward that he will give like a 5-8 lesson course about commercial product photography that he mentioned during the free workshop at Stanley's recently. I think that will be really cool and popular among CSnappers.

Have a wonderful Lunar New Year, people. :p

Regards,
-Michelle-

hi,

i like to ask if i dun own a slr or dslr cam, can i still join in ?
i oni has a canon A20.
thank you.

reachme2003 said:
Programme update on 20 January 2004.

I have clearance to release details now. With this update, previous registration details are superseded. However, those who had made full payment, you have been registered.

The photographer who will lead the programme is Mr. Calvin Tan. The venue will be at fred's fotoart, 66 Tannery Lane, #05-07 Sindo Building, Singapore.

Those who were at Stanley's recently met Calvin who presented an overview of advertising and commercial photography, including his portfolios. I believe that they walked away impressed with his passion for sharing.
Calvin has been in the industry for 8 years. He had lectured on photography at La Salle.

To sign up for the programme, registration with full payment of $95.00 is required. Programme will accept 15 participants only, on a first come first serve basis. This payment will be fully refunded if and when the programme is cancelled due to insufficient participants or to factors beyong our control.

Details:
Date: Sunday, 1 February 2004
Time: 9am to 1pm
Venue: fred'sfotoart, 66 Tannery Lane, #05-07 Sindo Building

A highlight of the programme will be an opportunity to engage a live model in a photoshoot. Calvin will demonstrate estethic as well as technical considerations in orchestrating the shoot. Shoot will be guidance led and one participant at a time.

For further information on registration or if you have queries, please PM me here. Thank you for your support and looking forward to hear from you.

Wishing you and your family abundance, good fortune and great health in the lunar new year.

Hi is this thread is still open...if it is..please let me know the full detail because i'm interested :)....cheers!!!!

acc 2000, I am not familiar with your Canon. To take part in the programme, a camera is not a necessity. However, to participate in the shoot, your camera should have a flash nipple or a hot shoe. For the later, a hot shoe adapter is needed. Additionally, your camera should allow for manual exposures.

pureflow, I believe it is Lasalle SIA College of the Arts.

To all, registration is still open. You may also contact Calvin Tan directly at 9790 7944.

Hi, everybody. This is Calvin here. Due to my busy schedule preparing for some assignments for this month, I'll have to move the workshop to the mid or end of February. This'll also allow those who're celebrating Hari Raya Haji to be able to join the workshop. I'll arrange a meeting with all those has registered to confirm the date and details.

Sehsuan and Mich_2103, thank for your compliment. Mich_2103, presently, I'm very tight down with my work. Honestly, I even have problem confirming the date for this workshop, not to talk about 5-8 lesson courses. I'll try my best to see whether I can work out one around March. Willl let you know soon. However, it'll be good if you can make it for this workshop. It'll be a introduction and showcase of what commercial photography and studio is all about which I'll only cover partially during the future courses. It a rare chance to show you the secrets behind a production. I believe most studio will never to do that.

Pureflow, I'm surprised that your old studio used to be there. I thought we're the only studio in the whole building. Btw, I don't move around the building much other than my studio and canteen. Actually, I don't know where's Tithes. But definately, not beside my studio.

I'm afraid most of you got it wrong, I've never taught at Lasalle. I do lectured at NAFA on photography as a part-time lecturer for a very short time quite a number of years back. Stop cos it took too much time out of my work.

Those of you who've any enquiry can drop me an email directly at cal15@singnet.com.sg or my mobile: 97907944 for more details. I'll be glad to answer to any question regarding the workshop.

Btw, Happy New Year to you all!

Sorry, guys. Due to my busy schedule on feb. I'll have to push the workshop to end of March. I'll post more details on feb.

Status
Not open for further replies.