Calling for volunteers - 10 April

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Goi

ClubSNAP Idol
Staff member
Hi again.

For those who are interested and have yet to sign up, please do so using the spreadsheet. After-which please drop me a pm, with your real name and your contact number.

For those who have signed up, do note the following:

1. Reporting time - 10.30am (Session 1) and 2pm (Session 2)
2. Reporting venue - Outside Orchard Shopping Centre, facing Cineleisure
3. Core Team - please report @ 10am

More details will be released as we move closer to 10 April.

Last edited:
Hey Adam,

I've just signed up for both sessions. I think you already have my contact.

Do you need Media coverage?.... I can request ..... I have spoken to my neighbour in SPH to be on Stand-by.....waiting for activation....once Clubsnap has given the all-clear.

I just knew about this, and have signed up for both sessions. Just assign me anything - except for Stormtrooper or Power Ranger!

Was actually in Japan when the eathquake struck, but was in Kobe so wasn't really affected. Almost made me feel guilty as I saw the scale of devastation in other parts of Japan as I left the following day, so this would be a great chance for me to do something beyond just giving money.

Thanks for organising!

REALITY CHECK before you sign up for this weekend

NOT EVERYONE is going to be a photographer at the event ..... I hope everyone can accept their assigned roles on that day .....

You are signing up as volunteers to help Japan Disaster survivors and on Sunday, MANY MANY different roles will need to be filled on Sunday ..... print station, upload station, runner, photographer, collection tin and/or props carrier , some of these roles actually NEED YOU TO ENCOURAGE THE PUBLIC (STRANGERS) TO PARTICIPATE AND DONATE ....i.e. have a thick skin, put your ego aside and go around with a collection tin to ask for donations....

This is NOT a day for you to run anyhow around as you feel like...... to 'help' here ....'help' there ...... you will end up confusing the Mods and confusing the efficient deployment of volunteers

PLEASE ALSO do not be late ....... be on time because the briefing and assignments start at the beginning ..... if u come in later in the shift, it causes confusion ...... you will end up aimless and frustrated if you cannot find the Mod In-Charge who THEN needs to STOP what he's doing to just take care of you ....

Last edited:
" to do something beyond just giving money " This is the reason why I volunteer ..

Last edited:
" to do something beyond just giving money " This is the reason why I volunteer ..

Well said. I'll be joining on 10th April, and I'm bringing about 3 with me to help out. 6k more to target, ganbatte!

NOT EVERYONE is going to be a photographer at the event ..... I hope everyone can accept their assigned roles on that day .....

just registered for this Sunday (10/4/2011)... will be there with my PnS :) so that I can focus on other duties besides taking photos :)

See you all on the final day guys.

You are signing up as volunteers to help Japan Disaster survivors and on Sunday, MANY MANY different roles will need to be filled on Sunday ..... print station, upload station, runner, photographer, collection tin and/or props carrier , some of these roles actually NEED YOU TO ENCOURAGE THE PUBLIC (STRANGERS) TO PARTICIPATE AND DONATE ....i.e. have a thick skin, put your ego aside and go around with a collection tin to ask for donations....

This is NOT a day for you to run anyhow around as you feel like...... to 'help' here ....'help' there ...... you will end up confusing the Mods and confusing the efficient deployment of volunteers

PLEASE ALSO do not be late ....... be on time because the briefing and assignments start at the beginning ..... if u come in later in the shift, it causes confusion ...... you will end up aimless and frustrated if you cannot find the Mod In-Charge who THEN needs to STOP what he's doing to just take care of you ....

This is why you won't find certain individuals who are very active in the forum and won't be helping out by volunteering.

This is why you won't find certain individuals who are very active in the forum and won't be helping out by volunteering.

Well say .. but there is nothing we can force them cos its VOLUNTEERING .... so coolthought coming down to assist CS this Sunday?

Volunteering is a noble act but please also accept and respect that other people have their own valid reasons why they cannot make the event

Of course would be good to have all 140,000 registered Clubsnappers show up at Orchard Shopping Center on Sunday .... each one donate $1 win liao ....

Volunteering is a noble act but please also accept and respect that other people have their own valid reasons why they cannot make the event

Of course would be good to have all 140,000 registered Clubsnappers show up at Orchard Shopping Center on Sunday .... each one donate $1 win liao ....

yea. if we imagine all 140000 registered CSers to come down and volunteer.....

i think it would be quite terrifying

did last sat. sign up for one of the day this weekend.

Wah!!! this one sure win!!! We would need more tins!!! lol

ENJOY THE COMPANY OF FELLOW CS'ers

Dear All

CS is the largest online community but it holds no monopoly in helping others. Ganbatte Japan is not the only nor "true" way to help Japan. We should not confuse a no-show as an unwillingness to contribute.

I recall a conversation I had with Peng Eik, Ganbatte Japan IC.
"Seb, everyone has an agenda. What is yours?"
"I just want to help Japan."
"Mine is to help people."

Like minds come together and we attract similar spirits.
Everyone who has been reading, spreading our cause among family and friends and volunteering do share the same beliefs Peng Eik and I. That in times of crisis, we can cast aside pride and prejudice to serve others. A time of need equates a time for action. We help NOT because we are noble and better. We serve because we believe we cannot be happy while others suffer.

I personally know many CSers (not involved in Ganbatte Japan) who are working very hard to help Japan. They are organising fund raising events. Some are auctioning prints. Others donating directly. Thus their level of activity in the Ganbatte Japan movement matters little. What matters is they are helping in their own way. Our methods may differ but our commitments are the same. We are proud of them and together we are Clubsnap.

We may never know nor recognise everyone (including those in Ganbatte Japan) accordingly for their contributions to the rebuilding of Japan. That is unimportant. Know that our efforts will and have made a difference. The knowledge that simple ideas can ignite hope in the darkest hours will be reward enough.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.