Calling for volunteers - 10 April

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha!!! Adam, you missed the fun ... a very fulfilling day. No worries, with your prayers, I believe we did well. Get well soon ya ... GANBATTE!!!

Thanks to CS and all the mods who organize this meaningful event. I am very happy to participate and I really have fun and enjoyed my self...:)
Goodnight....

so confirm no more Ganbatte japan already hor....sob sob

Got home sunburnt and tired. But it is all worth it!

Glad to see so many friends come together today, to do something to help the victims of the tragedy in Japan.

Here is a prayer (in a song) to encourage the people in Japan. That they are never alone. Also a prayer for each and everyone of you who gave you time and sweat today to make a difference for the people in Japan.
[vid]lnNK4Alwbsw[/vid]

As we enjoy each's other company, and also the the feeling of doing something positive. Please understand that the many problems in Japan is far from over. And the victims are still struggling to deal with these problems. Here is a video done by 2 journalists in Japan, risking it all, driving into the evacauation zone near Fukushima nuclear plant with nothing but a pair of Geiger counters. See the high radiation count, as well as the destruction in that area. Please continue to pray for the people/victims in Japan.

[vid]yp9iJ3pPuL8[/vid]

just some background, posted by someone in youtube...
0.1 µSv/h = Normal Background
3 µSv/h = Flight on jet airplane
10 µSv/h = Near a radium dial pocket watch
100 µSv/h = Danger level, necessary to take protective measures
1000 µSv/h = Near high grade uranium ore

Symptoms of acute radiation (dose received within one day):[19]
0 – 0.25 Sv (0 – 250 mSv): None
0.25 – 1 Sv (250 – 1000 mSv): Some people feel nausea and loss of appetite; bone marrow, lymph nodes, spleen damaged.
1 – 3 Sv (1000 – 3000 mSv): Mild to severe nausea, loss of appetite, infection; more severe bone marrow, lymph node, spleen damage; recovery probable, not assured.
3 – 6 Sv (3000 – 6000 mSv): Severe nausea, loss of appetite; hemorrhaging, infection, diarrhea, peeling of skin, sterility; death if untreated.
6 – 10 Sv (6000 – 10000 mSv): Above symptoms plus central nervous system impairment; death expected.
Above 10 Sv (10000 mSv): Incapacitation and death.

You can read more here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sievert

Last edited:
Thanks to CS and all the mods who organize this meaningful event. I am very happy to participate and I really have fun and enjoyed my self...:)
Goodnight....

and also have fun hitting me over the head with the CS board eh? sure fun lar HAHAHAHA

I enjoyed myself today, at the same time able to do good :D

Wow, nice video clip ed! :) Me too, burnt! haha, need to smack on more moisturizer!!! To the mods, thanks for taking the initiative and time to organise such a meaningful event! I made new friends and had a great time!!! Till next time, GANBATTE!!!! Rest well peeps!!! ;p

thx for organising such an event!
i trully had alot of fun and not to mention its my first CS event i ever attended haha

Thanks, miss your cats though ... thought I could at least touch your darling cats today, sigh ...

Awww!!! Best for now, u hv a gd rest ... there's such a saying as maybe next time, one of these days.

as an aside those of you who made new friends .... please check in on the Gatherings and Outings sub forum ..... we have regularly scheduled events like First Friday at SAM ..... do drop by

Thanks to the organisers for making this happen. For me it was very rewarding to see people making their little contribution towards the cause, photos or not. Looking at the general profile of the people who came forward and donated willingly (and the people who acted as though we were talking to air), it was very encouraging to see a lot of them are your ordinary, day-to-day Singaporeans, just wanting to do their bit.

Thanks to the cosplayers, stormtroopers and pets/owners too - they were no doubt the crowd pullers and it would have been more difficult to loosen wallets without them!

.... and I only realized that PhotoProZero was a WOMAN after 3 whole weekends LOLZ !

A big thank you to the mods and organizing committee for managing this event so wonderfully and efficiently. It was also great to meet and befriend CSers who dedicated their time and efforts to this cause. I can pretty confidently say that the past three weeks have been the most rewarding and satisfying days of my life.
GANBATTE!!!

.... and I only realized that PhotoProZero was a WOMAN after 3 whole weekends LOLZ !

Technically, you are still wrong... :bsmilie: "He" still was errr I mean IS a woman.... Damnations, I'm also confused now... :confused:

Last edited:
Have done so for family & me. Adrian, Seb or PE, please advice n confirm whether it's ok to bring down my darling cats to lend a hand ... most like I'll bring 3 of them and all will be on leash. :)

Your cats had done well! They were not only one of our major attractions to the crowds but also managed to attract a few dogs too! :)

And really appreciate the efforts that you and your family had put in for this event. You helped tirelessly the whole day from 10am to 6pm! Please have our heart felt thanks to you and all of your family members.

And last but not least, we would also like to thank all members who had contributed their time and money for this fund raising event. We had volunteers from all ages. Some members had even brought along their brothers and sisters and friends to help! A heart felt thank you to all of you too!

Last edited:
Your cats had done well! They were not only one of our major attractions to the crowds but also managed to attract a few dogs too! :)

And really appreciate the efforts that you and your family had put in for this event. You helped tirelessly the whole day from 10am to 6pm! Please have our heart felt thanks to you and all of your family members.

And last but not least, we would also like to thank all members who had contributed their time and money for this fund raising event. We had volunteers from all ages. Some members had even brought along their brothers and sisters to help! A heart felt thank you to all of you too!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I will also like to give a words of thanks to all members who had turn up as volunteers for this event. Without your selfless help and contribution, this event will not be successful. Really thank you for taking your time and effort.

Next, I will like to thank all other helpers who had helped to draw the crowds or who had contributed one way or another. Really appreciate your kindness.

Next, also to all donors who had contributed. Really appreciate your generosity. Your contribution no matter how big or how small, is used for a good cause in Japan.

And, of course, to Mr Chng Peng Eik who without his foresight, leadership, planning and contacts, this event might not be able to take off in the first place. He has been the core of this project. He has contributed much of this time and effort. Really, really thank you very much.

Next, my heartfelt thanks some of our unsung heroes like DCA who is the mover for this project. He really managed to get things moving and without him, quite a lot of things will not be able to run smoothly.

Also to Adam Goi and Sebastian for managing and overseeing the helpers and the whole event.

Not able to name all the helpers and people who had worked at the background for this project but a BIG THANK YOU to you all.

Lastly of course, my heartfelt gratitude to our sponsors, Nikon, Noritsu, Far East Organisation and also Clubsnap.

Just like to say :

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Hi Bro, me, family and my darling cats just played a bit part and really appreciate being part of it ... it's just what little we can do to help out AND it's actually the whole team which spurred us on and deserve the mention more. :)

So happy and proud as a volunteer and as a CSer to see the spirits & care shown by ALL fellow CSers, friends, family members, pets involved and all of us, every individual whether frontline or backroom staff, really played a BIG part in this humanitarian project by CS. KUDOS! and thank you CS, to come up with this idea and letting us do something fulfilling and worthwhile with our time. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.