Calling all Maxonline users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

satay16

Jan 14, 2006
As we all know, on 28 Decemeber 2006, Maxonline 4000 would become Maxonline 6000, and 6500 would become 12000.

I am slightly doubtful about Starhub offerings, and decided to just do a simple experiment through comparison of the speeds before and after the upgrade of Csers using Starhub.

To start off, let's all use the same bencemark, www.speedtest.net using the Singapore server. So for now, all Starhub users just run this test and display the results here. After 28 Decemeber, we will run the test again to see if the degree of improvement is as advertised. Remember to state the plan you are under too.

Here's mine:

Maxonline 6500

Merry Christmas!!!!:) :) :)

Wah Xmas eve never go out play?

Here's my result

Maxonline 4000

Been with Maxonline since they were called SCV >< service did improve abit, but still quite disappointing. Haha, but no choice, the only Cable available in Singapore

Updated:

After 28th

This is really cool.. did my test.. here's the results

maxonline 4000

25th dec 12.13am

MaxOnline 4000, Jurong East 609777

maxonline 6500

:think: ...

just change to maxonline yest, seem slow yeah my download?

holy crp... mine is the slwoest!!!

MOL4000
68574435.png

Latency is a measure of the number of data packets sent from your PC to a Server and back. :)

Wrong lah. Latency is known as Round Trip Time (RTT). It is the average time taken for ICMP packets send from your PC to the server and back. Latency is also dependent on the size of the ICMP packets you send.

If you use Speedtest.net, you must connect your PC DIRECTLY to your cable modem for an accurate measure. Or not, you have to subtract the response time to your own router for an accurate RTT.

If you find that your downspeed is unacceptable (below 75-80% of rated), please try again during off-peak time.

MOL 4000

I have quite a good connection. High latency is due to wireless.

Maxonline 4000

Though mine is not maxonline , it is singnet 512kbps , not too bad as it is close to the limit specify . :thumbsup:

68586141.png

Will post MOL 6500 later when i connect to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.