Calibration of lens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xiaoxian

Aug 5, 2007
Jurong
picasaweb.google.co.uk
Hi all,

I need some advice here. I am currently using the Sigma 17-70 and I realised that the photos are not as sharp now as compared to the time when i bought the camera. What is the issue here? Is it my camera or my lens that is causing the depreciation in quality. My lens is around 6 mths old, and my camera, 2 years old..

When i sent it in to Sigma the other time, they refused to calibrate for me, saying that unless the lens cannot focus at all, otherwise, they canot do it for me. My lens has 2 years warranty.

I appreciate any advice! Thanks in advance!

regards.

Visit this site
http://www.focustestchart.com/

Though it primarily talks about Nikon D70, you can still download the PDF and print the test chart. Follow the instructions given in the PDF. If you can test and prove that your Sigma has focus issues, prove it to them and demand for a calibration.

Personally I have played with a couple of Sigma's. Though some of their optics are great, it's generally plagued by poor QC. Front and Back focussing issues are pretty common in Sigma and I had nightmares with them :(

Hi all,

I need some advice here. I am currently using the Sigma 17-70 and I realised that the photos are not as sharp now as compared to the time when i bought the camera. What is the issue here? Is it my camera or my lens that is causing the depreciation in quality. My lens is around 6 mths old, and my camera, 2 years old..

When i sent it in to Sigma the other time, they refused to calibrate for me, saying that unless the lens cannot focus at all, otherwise, they canot do it for me. My lens has 2 years warranty.

I appreciate any advice! Thanks in advance!

regards.

This is quite strange about " sent it in to Sigma the other time, they refused to calibrate for me"... From my own (once) experience, as well as other CSer, Sigma Marketing in Redhil always calibrate for free.

Maybe you call and make appointment with them 1st before heading down? Just said your lens need calibration.

This is quite strange about " sent it in to Sigma the other time, they refused to calibrate for me"... From my own (once) experience, as well as other CSer, Sigma Marketing in Redhil always calibrate for free.

Maybe you call and make appointment with them 1st before heading down? Just said your lens need calibration.

Hi, can check if the lens not under warranty would they still calib for free?

Hi, can check if the lens not under warranty would they still calib for free?

I'm not sure, may just call them to confirm
3791 Jalan Bukit Merah #07-19/20
E-Centre @ Redhill Singapore 159471
Tel: +65 6273 9622
http://www.apds.com.sg/

How long do i have to leave the lens there for calibration?

with an appointment n ur cam body, normally less than 1 day

yes. They can do it within 2-4 hours if you make appointment, depend on the amount work.

Status
Not open for further replies.