C770: Pros and Cons


Status
Not open for further replies.

shutterfly

New Member
Sep 9, 2002
452
0
0
Visit site
#1
A friend of mine asked me for advice on this camera but couldn't much reviews on it. Hopefully owners of this cam can share with me some of the pros and cons of this camera. How's the noise level like? Is it better than C750UZ. Thanks.
 

shutterfly

New Member
Sep 9, 2002
452
0
0
Visit site
#2
So jialat. No one ah? My fren thinking it whether to get that or the C750uz which is $100 cheaper. ;)
 

dodger75

New Member
Jun 8, 2004
14
0
0
#3
Hello Shutter,

Can't comment on the differences between 770 and 750 ... since my last camera was the C700 ...

I can only say that I'm pretty satisfied with my purchase of the 770.

Obvious improvements,
size, weight ... handling (response time of zoom lens, ability to snap multiple shots) quieter movement of the lens too ...

ah ... will post more when I get around to taking night shots :p

dod
(3rd day with C770)
 

mnlow

New Member
Jun 2, 2004
48
0
0
#6
Anyone knows if the C770 is available in black anywhere? :cry:

Thanks so much
 

petery

New Member
Apr 22, 2004
130
0
0
#7
Any one interested in buying C770?
 

petery

New Member
Apr 22, 2004
130
0
0
#9
DUn think local market got black
 

SuRfTeC

New Member
Oct 17, 2003
371
0
0
Singapore, East
Visit site
#10
1 thing i don't like over C770 is the power supply.

C750 uses 4 x AA battery which i find it very convenient and good.

but C770 uses Lithium Ion rechargeable battery. if I were to get another spare, it will not be cheaper than AA rechargeable battery and cannot share with other device like flash.

Nevertheless, the designs is compact and nice.
maybe thats the sell point?

Just my 2 cens
 

bigmouse

New Member
Jul 10, 2003
604
0
0
spore
img9.photobucket.com
#11
shutterfly said:
A friend of mine asked me for advice on this camera but couldn't much reviews on it. Hopefully owners of this cam can share with me some of the pros and cons of this camera. How's the noise level like? Is it better than C750UZ. Thanks.
I would get the c770 because of mpeg 4 & Lithium ion battery although more ex but it can last for years.

I have 4 sets of AA bat but found that some do not carry the charge well after a few months even after conditioned afew times. Sometime if u mix up some battery from a different set.... even fully charged the mixed set will not power up the cam.

Now, I labled each set of 4 to avoid mixing.
 

macross

New Member
Nov 3, 2003
608
0
0
Bedok
#12
bigmouse said:
I would get the c770 because of mpeg 4 & Lithium ion battery although more ex but it can last for years.

I have 4 sets of AA bat but found that some do not carry the charge well after a few months even after conditioned afew times. Sometime if u mix up some battery from a different set.... even fully charged the mixed set will not power up the cam.

Now, I labled each set of 4 to avoid mixing.
You shld have labelled them from the beginning.
 

blueblack

New Member
Jun 2, 2004
22
0
0
53
#13
Hi, got mine 2 weeks ago, my humble comment

Battery life - I manage less than 100 shots per charged with LCD alway on at HQ pic and less then 20% with flash.
About same as my old c4000 with 4AA, guess many of us mention about prop and AA, there is pro and con. I prefered AA but not much of a choice.

start up time - fast is you compare to other 10x.

write speed - not sure about mini sec spec in paper, to me less than 1sec, and I take next pic.

Size n weight - shiok can squeeze wallet, key, camera in its bag, exta battery, remote, tiny tripod into my timberland waist bag 7"x5" :cool:

Shutter 1/1000 - not suitable if you are looking for ultra fast shutter action shot.

Zoom - took a g-string chic in the bali beach, due to size and zoom ability this is quite interesting ;p

MPEG4 video - new format for video small file size with 640x480 30 fps. A 256mb would be good for 15min !
Future video format for phone maker. Load this to my motorola phone v600 can be quite :devil:

Cheers
 

C-720

New Member
Jan 6, 2004
108
0
0
Singapore
#14
i dun like the battery of C770, the rest of c770 is nice.
think the bad point is the battery :D the what special Li battery is ok when it is new but after sometime of use, the battery life will be reduced. for AA battery, we can buy a new one :thumbsup: with acceptable price while the special battery can cost u a bomb. :thumbsd:
 

blueblack

New Member
Jun 2, 2004
22
0
0
53
#15
C-720 said:
i dun like the battery of C770, the rest of c770 is nice.
think the bad point is the battery :D the what special Li battery is ok when it is new but after sometime of use, the battery life will be reduced. for AA battery, we can buy a new one :thumbsup: with acceptable price while the special battery can cost u a bomb. :thumbsd:
That Li battery cost $50, 4 aa will cost $25, so I think by itself not expensive, but when u run out of juice in the middle of the street, thats expensive :angry:
 

Sep 9, 2002
452
0
0
Visit site
#18
NiVleK said:
I just saw the C770. I think you guys missed on crucial pt. It doesnt have a hotshoe. :(
C770 does have a hotshoe. Are you looking at a C765 and not C770? ;p
 

kahheng

Senior Member
Jan 20, 2002
1,481
1
38
bride.ru
#19
C-720 said:
i dun like the battery of C770, the rest of c770 is nice.
think the bad point is the battery :D the what special Li battery is ok when it is new but after sometime of use, the battery life will be reduced. for AA battery, we can buy a new one :thumbsup: with acceptable price while the special battery can cost u a bomb. :thumbsd:
Yeah but unlike AA rechargeables, you can charge the Li-Ion battery, leave it in your camera for two weeks, and the battery is still at 95%+ juice. In cold weather, Li-Ions beat NimH by a lot. The charger is also a lot smaller to carry around if you're travelling. Yes it's a little pricey compared to AAs but it has very strong advantages that NiMh doesn't have.

And certainly the battery will lose it's ability to hold charge after multiple charge and discharge cycles but the typical user would have gotten a lot of use out of the camera by then.

:bsmilie:
 

#20
kahheng said:
Yeah but unlike AA rechargeables, you can charge the Li-Ion battery, leave it in your camera for two weeks, and the battery is still at 95%+ juice. In cold weather, Li-Ions beat NimH by a lot. The charger is also a lot smaller to carry around if you're travelling. Yes it's a little pricey compared to AAs but it has very strong advantages that NiMh doesn't have.

And certainly the battery will lose it's ability to hold charge after multiple charge and discharge cycles but the typical user would have gotten a lot of use out of the camera by then.

:bsmilie:
Another good thing about using AA batteries is that I can be assured that I can still get batteries even after 10 years! (Provided the camera lasts that long!)

Cheers,
David
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom