C5050Z + Close-up filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndroo

Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
Anyone here uses a close-up filter for his/her C5050? Since it has super macro, does the close-up filter help in any way? Also, what is the price for such a filter? Thanks.

renegade said:
Anyone here uses a close-up filter for his/her C5050? Since it has super macro, does the close-up filter help in any way? Also, what is the price for such a filter? Thanks.

I use Hoya +4 and +10. Need to use them with full zoom (105mm efl). +10 with full zoom is slightly bigger than the camera's super macro mode. I oso tried both together to get +14, can see esplanade effect of dragonfly's eyes. +10 is optically better than +4 becoz it is double element.

Buy from AP:
+4 - $15
+10 - $45

I use 55mm size for both.
If you need to take anything moving or in low light u will need external flash.

Hope this help

ecc35 said:
I use Hoya +4 and +10. Need to use them with full zoom (105mm efl). +10 with full zoom is slightly bigger than the camera's super macro mode. I oso tried both together to get +14, can see esplanade effect of dragonfly's eyes. +10 is optically better than +4 becoz it is double element.

Buy from AP:
+4 - $15
+10 - $45

Hope this help

oic. so this means, when we use a close up filter, we cannot be in macro mode? so what's the diff using a filter n macro mode? slightly bigger only ka? anything else? please help explain a bit of benefit, and why u choose to get the filters. going down to AP soon.

ecc35 said:

Buy from AP:
+4 - $15
+10 - $45

Hope this help

btw, why a +4 and a +10? isn't the +10 sufficient?

There is less distortion using the filter then the super macro mode. Especially so if you use the +10, which is a very good lens.

Yes +10 is slightly bigger then super macro, but the lens is 10cm away from subject compared to 3cm in super macro. This makes lighting easier.

Using close up filter will fix the focal length (10cm for +10), which means with some practice u can shoot in manual focus mode quite easily. In macro, the slightest movement will make your auto focus useless.

+14 is to get a bigger magnification, in fact I'm tempted to try +20.

Hope this help.

ecc35 said:
There is less distortion using the filter then the super macro mode. Especially so if you use the +10, which is a very good lens.

Yes +10 is slightly bigger then super macro, but the lens is 10cm away from subject compared to 3cm in super macro. This makes lighting easier.

Using close up filter will fix the focal length (10cm for +10), which means with some practice u can shoot in manual focus mode quite easily. In macro, the slightest movement will make your auto focus useless.

+14 is to get a bigger magnification, in fact I'm tempted to try +20.

Hope this help.

ecc35, where did you buy the +10 filter for? i went AP but they don't have it. how much and where did you buy from?

renegade said:
ecc35, where did you buy the +10 filter for? i went AP but they don't have it. how much and where did you buy from?

Bot at AP in Aug, $45 before GST. Maybe out of stock :dunno:

ecc35 said:
Bot at AP in Aug, $45 before GST. Maybe out of stock :dunno:

:cry::cry::cry:

anyone else knows which other shop has it? aww ... maybe i'll drop by peninsula to check out the shops there. any recommended one?

renegade said:
:cry::cry::cry:

anyone else knows which other shop has it? aww ... maybe i'll drop by peninsula to check out the shops there. any recommended one?

I suggest you call them first instead of travelling there. Can try CP and TCW.

Status
Not open for further replies.