bye bye clubsnap, i am flying over to denmark and work as a cleaner.

Grasses are always greener on the other side.

My neighbour returning from Bhutan later tonight, I'll ask them how it was :sticktong

Got meh... ?? I did not leh :sweat:

But of course... I left school more than 20 years ago.... :bsmilie:

i studied that in Business Studies at NgeeAnn Polytechnic :bsmilie:

School should teach you not to spend so much time in photo forum.

:bsmilie:

school taught me how to play CS, Warcraft, Quake III, Half-life, Team Fortress and all those other games from 9am - 11pm everyday :bsmilie:

This I most agree.... my dream is to kena TOTO (at least $3Mil)... quite my job. Go work at McDonald for 4 hr a day... driving to McDonald everyday in my BMW 7/8/9 Series... :bsmilie: Then spent the rest of my spare time Photographing.... :thumbsup:

The idea to sit around at home till I die puts a chill to my spinal... and lets not forget even a fat big bank account won't last forever if you still have 30-40 years to go. :bsmilie:

my retirement plans involve waiting for the yen to fall, cost of living dropping in Japan... then migrating back there to my ancestral home town :bsmilie:

Fellas

Those cleaner and bus driver jobs are not readily available for people to come and start work.

Unemployment in Europe is high, and as we make reservations for locals in Singapore, same would be their case of keeping foreigners away ?!

my retirement plans involve waiting for the yen to fall, cost of living dropping in Japan... then migrating back there to my ancestral home town

For the YEN to fall ??? You slowly wait....

Even when Japan's economic has slowed down so much in the last 10-15 years... the YEN kept rising. :sweat: Visiting japan isn't any cheaper now than it was years ago... :bsmilie:

Fellas

Those cleaner and bus driver jobs are not readily available for people to come and start work.

Unemployment in Europe is high, and as we make reservations for locals in Singapore, same would be their case of keeping foreigners away ?!

We know lah... just for FUN... discuss only... TCSS :bsmilie:

Not even sure Euro Zone would be around by the end of the year.... :sweat:

diver-hloc said:
We know lah... just for FUN... discuss only... TCSS :bsmilie:

Not even sure Euro Zone would be around by the end of the year.... :sweat:

okayyyyy

diver-hloc said:
For the YEN to fall ??? You slowly wait....

Even when Japan's economic has slowed down so much in the last 10-15 years... the YEN kept rising. :sweat: Visiting japan isn't any cheaper now than it was years ago... :bsmilie:

One can dream of a future like this :bsmilie:

should be buy buy europe!!!!

Big Kahuna said:
I Knew one Bangladeshi cleaner in my ex office, he told me the same story, in his country, he made less than sg $100/mth if he is lucky but in sg he can he get 10x conservatively, he even make extras by selling recycle paper and cut board, 5 yrs ago he bit farewell to me say he made enought, he own 3 second hand rented car now and he is going back to drive one himself :)

That is the agony. FT gets more protections than citizen. Their lodging are provided and they are looking at short term. Earn whatever they can then pack and go home.

Citizen are trapped. Government not going to provide you your roof and transport. You are squeezed dry before end of the month. If they are not able to provide the basic needs for the family, how would their children get out if this cycle?

Bottom line, what the benefit to be a citizen? Without them, can the top 20% be sustainable? How did we landed in this situation?

Bukitimah said:
That is the agony. FT gets more protections than citizen. Their lodging are provided and they are looking at short term. Earn whatever they can then pack and go home.

Citizen are trapped. Government not going to provide you your roof and transport. You are squeezed dry before end of the month. If they are not able to provide the basic needs for the family, how would their children get out if this cycle?

Bottom line, what the benefit to be a citizen? Without them, can the top 20% be sustainable? How did we landed in this situation?

I don't know any of our fellows provided with company apartments etc. only salary.

Pay rent 2500, + 4000 living and other expenses, month end lay dry.

Citizens get hdb, grants, baby bonus, medical and etc, should be happy lah.

And study hard and compete lah, your government so generous.

ed9119 said:
what "bye bye Clubsnap" ? u can still login from Copenhagen

Oh you became driver so soon :)

Perhaps you should spend some time with these lower-end foreign workers to see the reality of their situation.

cks2k2 said:
Perhaps you should spend some time with these lower-end foreign workers to see the reality of their situation.

Yes I agree.

Folks (office boy, clerk) in my previous office used to return part of their salary to employer after bank account transfer. So govt thinks people are paid fairly.

My pay was equivalent to Singapore $2400 when I was working part-time in a factory in the UK some ten years ago. After paying the rent and necessities, really not much was left. Many people think that when you work in another country, you will get rich. Sadly that is not the case. You have to consider the cost of living and the tax. You can actually save more as a factory worker in Singapore.

Try not to paint a too beautiful mirage of life overseas in your mind. Unless you are a valued talent like scientist, professor, or specialized engineer, your employment will just be simply a normal employment like most people. What profits you might just be the beauty of the four seasons, the welfare, and the democratic and creative freedom.

Jobs were scarce. As a student there were not much part-times to do. I had to go to an employment agency to get onto their waiting list. Maybe just lucky, I got the factory job, but the girl at the agency said only the graveyard shift was available. Since my short course at Edinburgh University was just four months and the earliest class started at 9am, I gave it a shot. I signed the 8pm to 6am shift right on the spot, because I knew if I hesitated, the job would definitely be taken up by other people. My Palestinian friend who applied with me did not get it. Instead he got a mail job at the post office.

At the factory, I worked with a lot of old folks. I immediately see the life of people at the base level. I can tell you their life was harder. I would love to know more about them, but many spoke Highland dialects which I could hardly figure out. Let us not touch on the working hour first. The weather was the first thing which almost made me want to quit immediately. In the cold evening wind, you had to wait for bus 22 to take you to the factory in the suburbs. When you knocked off at 6am, at the moment you came out of the factory you would want to go back to the factory again. Everywhere was ice - you can imagine how cold it was. The second challenge was the 3am droopy eyelid moment. It took me two weeks to tune to it. The third challenge was the sharp cardbox edges. At first I cut my fingers constantly. I felt really small when I came to know that most old folks worked 12 hours or more. When I knocked off, many were still working. There were about 10 students in the night shift and we dared not complain about leg aches because these folks were also standing the whole night.

Statistics are merely statistics. They do not carry insights. The life of European folks who are less educated is not necessarily better than that of ours. One thing to learn from them is their positive mindset. Although the factory was quite a busy place and the conveyor belts broke down quite often, I think I had not seen anyone flare up or any bad blood between anyone. They were very civilized and friendly. It was really teamwork. In Singapore, we usually see grumpy faces in factories and hawker centres and a lot of kpkbs.

Yes I agree.

Folks (office boy, clerk) in my previous office used to return part of their salary to employer after bank account transfer. So govt thinks people are paid fairly.

Some of the PRs even got their employer's CPF contribution deducted from their salary.. :confused: