bye bye clubsnap, i am flying over to denmark and work as a cleaner.

Isn't there a report a few days ago (can't remember is it CNN or somewhere else)... that the pursuit of weath is beginning to make Bhutan a less happy place. :sweat:

I can't backup this 'claim' since I can't recall where I see the report....

Here you go, it should be this one.

Bhutan counts the cost of trying to buy happiness | Reuters
Bhutan counts the cost of trying to buy happiness

Mumble grumble, poke holes into my dream retirement place...

the more i think about it the more i realise i cannot afford to retire ..

go there work a few years , scrimped and save up then retire in a third world country as an "emperor" at the age of 40+. It's doable I believe. lol

Time to move to norway and get a temp roof over my head for 3 years there. I will ask my family in singapore to mail me instant noodles to save cost on meal. Then i transfer $$$ back for my family to build a nice house in m'sia and we move there to stay. While i work traveling pass the causeway everyday.

Joke aside, the cost of getting a roof over our head is 1 thing. The thing i am more worried about is our cpf. How much faith do you guys really have to say the savings inside are safe. Ever think if there is a chance like the 1 below?

"sg people are getting good medical benefits and as such, people are living longer and longer. We have a compulsary plan for you as one of those chosen to be able to divide your saving into 70years (130-60) given to you each year a part of your saving till you reach 130years old."

They can just print many many money for you if all gone, but the many many dollar value will be much less. If have big workforce compare to retired population, no problem. If workforce become small, money taken out more than money coming in per month, then need to turn on the printer already (assume they lost your money inside, if no lost then no problem).

They can just print many many money for you if all gone, but the many many dollar value will be much less. If have big workforce compare to retired population, no problem. If workforce become small, money taken out more than money coming in per month, then need to turn on the printer already (assume they lost your money inside, if no lost then no problem).

no problem, many treated CPF as long gone....

If Bhutan is dream location... then forget it. Tourist Visa cost $200++ USD a day... Immigrants there is almost unheard of for people not from any of the surrounding countries. But of course... by the time you retired, rules could have change... but so would the Landscape. Bhutan could only remain "Happy" if their own people are not exposed to outside influences and remain isolated... once Starbucks and Apple's iShop start opening there... queues of young Bhutanese outside an iShop for 3 days waiting for the latest iPhone/iPad... there goes your paradise... :sweat:

go there work a few years , scrimped and save up then retire in a third world country as an "emperor" at the age of 40+. It's doable I believe. lol

it is doable. You 1st, I follow.

diver-hloc said:
If Bhutan is dream location... then forget it. Tourist Visa cost $200++ USD a day... Immigrants there is almost unheard of for people not from any of the surrounding countries. But of course... by the time you retired, rules could have change... but so would the Landscape. Bhutan could only remain "Happy" if their own people are not exposed to outside influences and remain isolated... once Starbucks and Apple's iShop start opening there... queues of young Bhutanese outside an iShop for 3 days waiting for the latest iPhone/iPad... there goes your paradise... :sweat:

Negative impacts of tourism and globalization. We study that in school

Negative impacts of tourism and globalization. We study that in school

Got meh... ?? I did not leh :sweat:

But of course... I left school more than 20 years ago.... :bsmilie:

Got meh... ?? I did not leh :sweat:

But of course... I left school more than 20 years ago.... :bsmilie:

i always tot you are much older.... anyway, same same, 20 years ago...

It is no fun retiring so early. What are you going to do in the next 40 years? :)

I think best will be, you have the money in the bank to make a decision whether or not you wanna retire, but choose not to. You work not because you need to, but because you want to....maybe become a full time photog after that, charge people cheaply and spoil the whole market.....but you pick and choose only clients that you like to work for ;p

It is no fun retiring so early. What are you going to do in the next 40 years? :)

‘Nevertirees’: Elderly Americans Who Refuse to Retire - The Daily Beast

It may seem that by refusing to decamp to Boca, these power geriatrics are trying to cheat death. In fact, they are. And it’s working. Howard S. Friedman, a professor at UC Riverside and one of the authors of The Longevity Project, found in his research that those who work hardest and are successful in their careers often live the longest lives. “People are generally being given bad advice to slow down, take it easy, stop worrying, and retire to Florida,” he says. He described one study participant, still working at the age of 100, who was recently disappointed to see his son retire.

I think best will be, you have the money in the bank to make a decision whether or not you wanna retire, but choose not to. You work not because you need to, but because you want to....maybe become a full time photog after that, charge people cheaply and spoil the whole market.....but you pick and choose only clients that you like to work for ;p

there is so much things to do and think after retirement to keep you busy.

not to work for money but to slow down and enjoy life that is.

maybe i am a very nua person lol, but if i can, I hope to retire early. if it means staring and stoning into empty spaces all day :x

This I most agree.... my dream is to kena TOTO (at least $3Mil)... quite my job. Go work at McDonald for 4 hr a day... driving to McDonald everyday in my BMW 7/8/9 Series... :bsmilie: Then spent the rest of my spare time Photographing.... :thumbsup:

The idea to sit around at home till I die puts a chill to my spinal... and lets not forget even a fat big bank account won't last forever if you still have 30-40 years to go. :bsmilie:

Ok.. Invite me to your harem once you do.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: