Buying the CF Card for 40D

Status
Not open for further replies.

photo.cavendish

Jun 13, 2006
Did any bros here do a shootout for the best memory card for 40D?

Where do get them... cheapest ?

Basically i see Lexar 133x, Sandisk III, Transend 120x, perhaps the popular, any brand that is worth a recommendationt?

How about the size? any access lags .. 2GB verus 4GB. I used to see lags issue on PDA when i use 1GB against 2GB. 1GB seems faster.

I am shooting RAW+jpeg, used 2 x 2GB card in 180+ shots. so i need to get more CF.

I recommend Sandisk. I myself have a 2GB Ultra II and a 4GB Extreme III CF and very satisfied with its performance.

For yrself i'd recommend u getting the 4GB Extreme series (III or IV) or 2 pieces for 8GB.

Go for Sandisk Extreme III 4 GB , more than enough speed and works fine with the 40D , it was around $115 three weeks ago.

You might consider getting ultra 2 instead of the extreme 3.

Cheaper, yet is fast enough. I use a 4GB ultra 2 on my 1D Mk3...

shouldn't have much difference in-camera between the ultra ii and extreme iii, but the extreme gives better download speeds with a fast card reader.

photo.cavendish,

Any of the shops at Sim Lim Square. Dun pay more than $115.

I dun use the 40D, but I only use Sandisk UltraII.
Our DSLR may not utilise the fantastic write speed of the newer cards. Usually UltraII speed of 9MB/s is sufficient. Of course if Sandisk EXIII is available for a few dollars more who can resist.
4GB UltraII can get for $90 SLS. 4GB EXIII about $110.
If you shoot RAW+JPEG, better to get 8GB. It will provide ~500 shots.

If u've enough spare cash, can also wait for the arrival of the Sandisk 8GB Ducati Edition CF, reads and writes at 45MB/s.

ultraII is a good series to get

simlim 4th floor sells 4gb at about 100 bucks, 2gb at about 50+ bucks

fwa..since when i become senior member? long time i never long in haha

and to think recently alot of upheavel in the DSLR world. what with d3,d300, new VR superteles, new AFS lenses, 40d, 1dsmk3, new EOS lenses...the world has indeed changed..lol. both the dark side and the light side are strong with the force! :D:cool:

i have a link at home which compares all the different write speeds of every CF card on the market. will post it later today.

i'm using a Sandisk Extreme III 4GB. i get around 400 RAW photos on it and it hasn't failed me (yet) hahah

when it comes to removable media, go for the best u can afford. afterall, that's what's storing your pictures after your hard work taking them.

i have a link at home which compares all the different write speeds of every CF card on the market. will post it later today.

i'm using a Sandisk Extreme III 4GB. i get around 400 RAW photos on it and it hasn't failed me (yet) hahah

when it comes to removable media, go for the best u can afford. afterall, that's what's storing your pictures after your hard work taking them.

Agree with your notion. It does make sense. Esp. it will be a pain if we use questionable media and then ended up losing precious works.

I hope to go for the best that is suited for my camera. Obviously it is value for money too.

using variety of sandish ultra ii and extreme 3 cards. so far, none has failed me yet after more than 50k pics.

using variety of sandish ultra ii and extreme 3 cards. so far, none has failed me yet after more than 50k pics.

Ok. Scandisk .. here i can... sorry bro where can i get the best deal? i will grabbing 2 piece of 8GB so need to get some bargain.

Ok. Scandisk .. here i can... sorry bro where can i get the best deal? i will grabbing 2 piece of 8GB so need to get some bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.