Buying on Ebay... Reliable??

Status
Not open for further replies.

nivlekx

Oct 27, 2002
nivlekx.bounceme.net
Just wondering, have anyone bought anything from Ebay?? If so was the fella you were dealing with reliable?? I have heard many horror stories of people buying from ebay and then got cheated...

Originally posted by nivlekx
Just wondering, have anyone bought anything from Ebay?? If so was the fella you were dealing with reliable?? I have heard many horror stories of people buying from ebay and then got cheated...

Every sale is a risk. I have bought things that gone well so far.

Beware. Just think it this way: You must be prepared if the deal gone bad, there is nothing much you can do.

I bought my old Olympus E-10 from Ebay. From a guy who had a fairly good amount of positive feedback on transactions that looked fairly real. So far, I haven't been cheated yet... I've bought several collectibles and DVDs through it as well. But had to carefully select who to buy from.

Right... Thanks alot... Was just wondering if they could fake the good feedbacks kinda thing.... Anyway... That was great help... waiting for my opportunity to get my hands on a cheap D30... :)

Right... Thanks alot... Was just wondering if they could fake the good feedbacks kinda thing.... Anyway... That was great help... waiting for my opportunity to get my hands on a cheap D30... :)

A serious scam artist might fake a couple of positive feedbacks .. but if they have 10 or more it's likely they are genuine.

Most people who get cheated on eBay ask for it to be honest.

They don't do the most basic things like:

1) Research the real value of the item they are purchasing.

2) Add in the cost of freight, Import duties/tax etc.

3) Don't ask the seller questions, especially about the real condition of the item, it's use etc.

4) Misread the advert.

And lastly but not least, fail to understand that any auctioned goods on eBay are "CAVEAT EMPTOR" which is Latin for "Let the Buyer beware"

In 5+ years of eBaying I've yet to be ripped off and have purchased dozens of items ranging from 50c to thousands of USD dollars and not one has been bad.

My experience has been good so far. You can check the seller and buyer ratings after every transaction on the site itself which will give you a good indication of whether the guy is trustworthy or not. Other than that there is no guarantee. So far, I've bought a couple of lenses from eBay and they are as good as described. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.