Buying grey set Lens in DD Electronic

For grey set, it is important to get from stores that are reliable and give you in-house warranty. I had an experience, bought 105mm macro and second week it gave me auto focus problem. I bring it back to the shop with the receipt and he gave me 1-1 exchange without any question.

Is that shop DD?

No not DD, I bought it years ago from ap, sim lim. Don't think they sell grey set anymore.

No risk no gain, but the risk is pretty small and yet you can save the price diff for other lenses, why not? I don't buy the idea of extended warranty. Just practise to use your gear carefully and take care it nicely(with a dry cabinet of course).

For grey set, it is important to get from stores that are reliable and give you in-house warranty. I had an experience, bought 105mm macro and second week it gave me auto focus problem. I bring it back to the shop with the receipt and he gave me 1-1 exchange without any question.

is DD electronics a reliable shop then? Might just get grey sets in the future.

Besides DD electronics, you can try www.artworkfoto.com as well. Their grey sets are quite cheap, like the Nikon 85mm f1.4D is only selling at SGD1,370 with 1 year shop warranty, much cheaper than those in the B&S section.
is DD electronics a reliable shop then? Might just get grey sets in the future.

Besides DD electronics, you can try www.artworkfoto.com as well. Their grey sets are quite cheap, like the Nikon 85mm f1.4D is only selling at SGD1,370 with 1 year shop warranty, much cheaper than those in the B&S section.

i see, its good that they provide shop warranty right :) at least that makes pple have confidence in buying from them.

Grey sets in-house warranty also covers the same manufacturer's warranty.
The only things u need to be concerned about is how reliable/reputable the shop owner honors this warranty in case of genuine manufacture defects, as well as how hong this shop 's gonna stay in business.
Go for it.

Yeah, that's their strategy to compete with the local shops selling local set. But those sellers in the B&S section without any warranty will suffer lor :sweat:
i see, its good that they provide shop warranty right :) at least that makes pple have confidence in buying from them.

Yeah, that's their strategy to compete with the local shops selling local set. But those sellers in the B&S section without any warranty will suffer lor :sweat:

So thats the thing if you wanna sell off your grey set. But of cos the price will be cheaper.

No, I meant those sellers of 2nd-hand local set with expired warranty selling at price higher than a new grey set in the B&S section will suffer. If I'm buyer, I will prefer to buy the grey set than the 2nd-hand local set(without any warranty) as it is cheaper and comes with 1 year shop warranty.

So thats the thing if you wanna sell off your grey set. But of cos the price will be cheaper.

What if people sell his grey set in b&s however advertise that he bought first hand from retail shop, warranty expired and he did not keep the receipt and warranty. Yet people get it from him at the price he paid for his grey set. No loss for him after using it for months and poor guy who bought the set pay premium price for second hand grey set.

No, I meant those sellers of 2nd-hand local set with expired warranty selling at price higher than a new grey set in the B&S section will suffer. If I'm buyer, I will prefer to buy the grey set than the 2nd-hand local set(without any warranty) as it is cheaper and comes with 1 year shop warranty.

so prefably to get from those shops that sells grey sets and provides 1 yr shop warranty?

That's why we need to know the updated market price of grey sets and local sets, then we will be well-prepared when dealing in B&S section. However, it's not a regulated market so all parties including buyers and sellers should do their own homework first. Nothing wrong for both if seller is willing to sell and buyer is willing to buy. No one is forced into the transaction.

What if people sell his grey set in b&s however advertise that he bought first hand from retail shop, warranty expired and he did not keep the receipt and warranty. Yet people get it from him at the price he paid for his grey set. No loss for him after using it for months and poor guy who bought the set pay premium price for second hand grey set.

You have to balance out yourself - the amount of discount, the warranty, the reliability of the grey set shop.
so prefably to get from those shops that sells grey sets and provides 1 yr shop warranty?

DDelectronics just updated their prices was able to puchase 35mm 1.8 for 278 only.... hehehe

How to know when these shops update their prices actually?

wasak2000 said:
I have been looking for the 35mm 1.8 for quite a while...
yesterday i called them and the price was 332sg now its 278sg

yes..... i saved 54 bucks just by waiting yahoo....

That's great :)

If you use not everyday and use only now and then buy grey set - 1 year will pass quickly. I buy new DSLR but use maybe one two time aweek - 1 year already gone. Should have buy grey site

But if you professional and use everytime then buy original better