Buying Equipments in Bangkok

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricWayne

Sep 14, 2009
www.flickr.com
Hi all, I am planning to go visit Bangkok in coming Jan, and wondering if the prices for camera and lens are cheaper there than here.

Any knows where to go look for if I want to buy some camera equipments? Or any shopping advices? :D

Appreciate your help ;) I am a Nikon user by the way.

Hi all, I am planning to go visit Bangkok in coming Jan, and wondering if the prices for camera and lens are cheaper there than here.

Any knows where to go look for if I want to buy some camera equipments? Or any shopping advices? :D

got a few threads on this, maybe u can spend some time searching? :)

i'm gng next week. i also try searching. i only ask about got what's happening in bkk thou

You can check the URL of store called "Fotofile" from google. They have prices reference for most models. However, you can expect slight discount from web pricing when you visit the store in person. The branch in MBK is convenient and will give you better discount. Also, you can crossed check with other stores. The price conclusion with store depend on your negotiation skill as well. By the way, cash term in most stores as in Bangkok credit card payment will incur additional charges (2-3% depending on shop and card used). Unless you're paying at full suggested retail price, then there won't be additional charges!

You must check and know what should be in the box and warranty type whether Local Warranty (Thailand Only) or Grey Market Import usually from Hong Kong or Japan (Shop Warranty). Avoid shop warranty when possible as it takes a lot of time to claim (usually 1 month) or send for repair should there be problem with your equipment. Shop warranty is cheaper than local set in some case more than 10% difference. Form my purchase experience (Thailand Warranty), Nikon is more expensive than Singapore while Canon is slightly cheaper. The reason being that Nikon uses authorized dealer while Canon has a branch which belong to parent company, therefore promotion is much better. As for used equipment, prices are better than Singapore for most brands. The local forum in classified section from ThaiDPhoto and Taklong, unfortunately in Thai language will give some idea.

Hope you find this information helpful and have fun with your trip to my hometown :)

Oops, Haha, yea. I should have checked before posting here. My bad :( But thanks!!!

@redname: You are also visiting there? My trip is in Jan, still far away (Haiz...) Dunno where to visit there yet, haha.

@Petben: Thanks for your info!! Hope to have a good time there too.

Status
Not open for further replies.