Buyer ask for full refund after buying from me 3 weeks ago. Opinion needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
arilhasan said:
Just received the sms from the buyer stated he felt that he is not treated fairly and the ribbon problem only hit below f4 at manual.

Did this happen to u when u were still using this lens? Did it also happen at the point of sale? And he only brought this up after 3 weeks?

If your conscience is clear that the lens is not faulty when you sold it to him, then be firm and say so to him. It may be true that the ribbon broke on its own, but that is the risk of buying 2nd hand, whereby an item has already been used, maybe even up to the point just below of failing.

Did this happen to u when u were still using this lens? Did it also happen at the point of sale? And he only brought this up after 3 weeks?

If your conscience is clear that the lens is not faulty when you sold it to him, then be firm and say so to him. It may be true that the ribbon broke on its own, but that is the risk of buying 2nd hand, whereby an item has already been used, maybe even up to the point just below of failing.

I have never try manual shooting before and it is proven that it is a manufacturing fault by Canon when I google it.

I have never try manual shooting before and it is proven that it is a manufacturing fault by Canon when I google it.

It seems that you're quite bothered with this mfg fault that you've googled

Personally, I felt the seniors and bros here were quite right in telling to to stand a firm "No". But if you find that it's against your conscious, perhaps you may want to chk with CSC how much the repair will cost and decide if you are willing to foot the repair bill.

Just my thoughts!

It seems that you're quite bothered with this mfg fault that you've googled

Personally, I felt the seniors and bros here were quite right in telling to to stand a firm "No". But if you find that it's against your conscious, perhaps you may want to chk with CSC how much the repair will cost and decide if you are willing to foot the repair bill.

Just my thoughts!

if it's a manufacturing fault and it's under warranty like you say, why not let CSC repair it?

Stay firm with no refunds. Even if this is a "common" manufacturing fault/ design flaw it is still the responsibility of the buyer to test and do his own research prior to deal. You are not at fault since you are not aware of the problems during transaction and the buyer simply did not test thoroughly.

After all there is no way to know if the fault is there since day 1 or the buyer actually faulted it.

Follow your conscience.

Just received the sms from the buyer stated he felt that he is not treated fairly and the ribbon problem only hit below f4 at manual.

Not your fault he did not test.

This sort of guilt tripping is a common tactic. Deal is done, he could test test test, even had the gall to ask if it's stolen goods. Chances are he broke it himself and now wants to say it was you who sold him defective goods.

Once the deal was completed that's it. Tell him that 3 weeks is quite long, he did all the testing in detail, the deal is done. No refunds.

He may be trying to return a lens that isnt even yours. Get him to return to CSC for free.

Sexpose him if he irritate you more.

Edit: I'd like to know who the person is for my own safety.

If the fault exist and you have no knowledge, you're in the clear. As to whether you need to entertain him:

From a morality standpoint, you don't owe him. Friendly standpoint, it's a choice but you don't owe it to him to do it, he's not your friend, it's a business transaction and he walked away satisfied.

Anyway, from your description of events, it sounds dodgy. Sounds very much like a case of mind change or he tried a back to back sale which fell through.

I bought 2nd hand CK underwear.. i wear 3 weeks already, i found a hole on the bottom. I want a refund.

Please la. 3 weeks ****.. so many things can happen in 3 weeks.

somemore he check until he happy and paid you money right. Where got people buy 2nd hand things don't check properly, somemore it's a 1k+ item.

I'd like to hear what his story is man

Even if buyer's sob story about the lens is true, he has no right to even think of asking for a refund on the camera body (which is fine). Don't talk about 3 weeks, even after 1 day is too much in my view. Who knows what has happened to the equipment since it left your hands. Buyer could have dropped it, knocked it, used it etc. To me, it seems like the lens issue is just a red herring buyer is using to return the camera body for whatever reason. You don't have to feel bad about saying no.

Many things can happen in 3 weeks. Not 3 hours or 3 days. Perhaps the buyer dropped the equipment and claimed that it's your fault. If possible, let him share his story here. I doubt he will do so. If you asked me what I would do, I will not give him any refund since he checked on his own before making the payment, not like eBay where the seller can make false description on the products or equipments. In my opinion, this buyer is trying to push the fault to you when in the first place, it is his fault.

Just sharing what I am thinking. Cheers! :D

Things can also happened within 3 hours or 3 days, eg drop it while on way home. Maybe next story his will say I didn't touch or use it since the day bought from u, only now then try it out and notice the fault. No offence to anyone as if he really feel not treated fairly, he should come in and seek justice.

If it is a real manufacturing fault that Canon had announced, CSC mostly will repair for free (unless maybe it not local set). Many yrs ago had sent in my old P&S camera to CSC due to LCD prob, they repair it for free even when warranty over as according to them it a manufacturing fault.

the fact that the buyer is a CSer and you have informed him that you posted the problem here and that he can see and can post his side on this matter and remain silent implies something..

if he still bothers you thru sms which is highly possible, i would appreciate it a lot if you could pm me his nick/tel no so that i would take note and stay away from dealing with him in the future..

all my current gear are bought in BnS from fellow CSers and frankly i never had any bad experience buying 2nd hand items here..

Last edited:
used for 3 weeks then want to return? he thought it is a rental? rental also got fee and he wanted a full refund!! joker..

3 weeks.....

seriously...

if u ask me i ate wat on the 3rd day..i also forgot...let alone whether wats he did to the cam...

DUN REPLY HIM...

trying to be funny....

anyway check his nick..see whether he is a joker anot...just do a search on the hp numbers on google...see anything interesting pops up.

Well...jus another guy who is trying to be funny & pushing his luck at the same time.In any case,if there is no personal warranty within 3 weeks on your part,u have not violated any rules or regulations.Anyway,the guy have tested & the deal went through because the buyer was quite satisfied about the equipment.So as long as the deal is sealed,& the $$$ handed over to you...its case closed! I believed that you have withheld your dignity & presented him with the "best" condition possible so you have nothing much to worry.& with regards to the part where he was enquiring whether it was a stolen set...i tink there is oredi something 'fishy" abt it.Anyway,stay firm & you dont owe him so much explanations too.As long as u feel that whatever written or verbal agreement between u guys have already been resolved at the point of dealing,just be calm & cool abt it.Last but not least,if he trys to outwit u,dun be fooled...Stand firm & challenge him to post his side of his story here then...:sticktong

bro, firstly, did you give any personal warranty for the 17-85 lens for a certain period? if you never give personal warranty, then you are not obligated for the refund request, this is because the buyer willingly buy your set at his own risk, so do not bother by this unreasonale buyer. let's put it this way, once goods exchange hand, it will be the buyer's own responsibility with the purchased products, he may have accidentally knock or drop it, who knows? just don't bother about him, if he insist for the refund, just post his clubsnap nick and his mobile number on the forum, hahaha!

Status
Not open for further replies.