Bus fare increase 2 cents from 1 Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who thinks that public transport is a privilege and not a necessity needs to get his head screwed on properly.

Did you know tha before public transport was introduced, MM wanted it to be at least a few dollars per trip. So that there would not be hikes. i.e no complains + he felt public transport was a privillage. So back to my point, i think 20 dollars more a year, about 1.70 more a month, should be quite affordable for many of us, being lucky Sinagporeans.

No offence to those who find this > S$2 more a month expensive.:D
P.S now economy also doing so well, those who work hard would gain that regconition/ bonus etc. *do not start a flame war on people work hard no bonus. if so, leave that company if you think you got better prospects.*

just my 2c anyway.

Anyone who thinks that public transport is a privilege and not a necessity needs to get his head screwed on properly.
depends on how you look at it.. some thinks cars are a necessity.. :bsmilie: so public transport automatically becomes a privilege! :D

I think it's still not that bad an increase. I was more shocked when fares increased from 45 cents in the past to around 65 cents? I remember a big jump.

But on a side note, was there any initial hint for this proposal before it received approval to implement the increase? Or is just another monopoly thing?

Lower SMRT earnings
SMRT pointed out that the increase in the goods and services tax as well as the 1.5 percentage point rise in employers' CPF contributions will pull down its earnings by about $11 million a year.
I thought the gov. said other businesses cannot just increase price becos' GST increase :dunno:

This means topping up the transit link card more often. ;(

Assuming each time you top up 10 dollars. 55c each trip, must top up every 18 trips or so. Now, 56c each trip 17.86 trips or so. -.- " or rather, just two times more a year ( around 20dollars more ). :what:

I think...i read it from Ngiam Tong Dao's book "http://opac.sfsu.edu/search/o?SEARCH=70298743" if im not wring..the Public Transport part. and i think its not nice to ask MM to screw his head properly :thumbsd: ;p

I think it's still not that bad an increase. I was more shocked when fares increased from 45 cents in the past to around 65 cents? I remember a big jump.

But on a side note, was there any initial hint for this proposal before it received approval to implement the increase? Or is just another monopoly thing?

I see no statisfactory reason given for the price hike. when they are still earning a

healthy profit.

I hope the vision for our elites is to try make every singaporeans rich and live a comfortable

life.

Not to make us struggle with every little cent.

Every cent adds up even more now after the GST increase.

Erm, they are using the GST increase not as a reason to raise fares, but to say that they reduce earnings.

How can GST increase reduce earnings??????

Lower SMRT earnings
SMRT pointed out that the increase in the goods and services tax as well as the 1.5 percentage point rise in employers' CPF contributions will pull down its earnings by about $11 million a year.

so... to maintain and maybe increase their earnings, commuters are suckered into paying more for each ride.

I see no statisfactory reason given for the price hike. when they are still earning a

healthy profit.

I hope the vision for our elites is to try make every singaporeans rich and live a comfortable

life.

some will cross the finish line...some will crawl behind.....

:dunno: 20 dollars more a year? is that really a price we should be whining about?

on an individual capacity... $20 a year is no biggy. but $20 a year from maybe more than half the population here... now that's something really big.

it's like taking $0.01 from every bank accounts in the bank and credit them to my account. no big deal to the person losing $0.01, but i get a windfall in return.

it makes me wonder whether the objective of these yearly price increases is to increase the profits of the company and shareholders.

i still don't see any improvements over the service provided throughout these years. some buses are still not air-conditioned, some drivers really do not know how to drive, buses still come at irregular intervals, etc...

life.

u also say the "elites" liao......

If S$20 is not a lot of money, why don't you pay me that amount ;p

same as why should we pay S$20 to the company to enrich their share holder while not improving much on their service? :rolleyes:

S$20 may not seem much to those who think that public transport is a privilege (especially those who own car and think that way). It mean a lot to low and middle income where every dollar counts. Especially after the GST increase, most price also increase, those didn't increase may decrease their quality of products instead, like some claimed, foods are getting lower quality. Do they really think most people will be so nice to absorb the GST increase without doing anything? Do their pay really worth millions as claim?

One person throw a cig butt is a small problem........ but what if a population like china throw cig butt?

One person throw a cig butt is a small problem........ but what if a population like china throw cig butt?

If S$20 is not a lot of money, why don't you pay me that amount ;p

same as why should we pay S$20 to the company to enrich their share holder while not improving much on their service? :rolleyes:

S$20 may not seem much to those who think that public transport is a privilege (especially those who own car and think that way). It mean a lot to low and middle income where every dollar counts. Especially after the GST increase, most price also increase, those didn't increase may decrease their quality of products instead, like some claimed, foods are getting lower quality. Do they really think most people will be so nice to absorb the GST increase without doing anything? Do their pay really worth millions as claim?

:think: Is it possible that the food quality is dropping because we are more picky? If the stall is no good, do not buy from them and they'd lose out. simple.

lol i hope taxi dont increase price though.

every weekday morning ! i had to fight a battle called " Getting into the MRT " , it is soo packed.

do u know ? it is very dangerous for a man to squeeze with ladies in MRT. Wait they cried "molest" , there goes my ricebowl.

:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.